RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Lightroom CC GPU vs not experiments

Old 05-05-2015, 02:13 PM
Janitor

Lightroom CC GPU vs not experiments

As I posted in the show thread, Steve Caplin sent me the raw files he used and we compared times for building the HDR preview and the final image. His time was 16s/8s, mine was 29s/8s. I big percentage change, to be sure, but 13 seconds isn't all that much time to get other work done.

I have an old machine with an old video card that Lightroom CC doesn't recognize the GPU support for. Steve has a 1-year old Mac.

But this got me wondering about getting you guys involved for some additional experiments.

Do something in Lightroom CC with GPU acceleration turned on. Time it. Then delete it and turn off GPU acceleration in LRCC (you'll need to restart it). Then do the exact same thing (don't forget to turn GPU acceleration back on when you're done).

Post your timing results here. Don't forget to include what it is you did, and what model vidcard you have (optional, other machine specs).

The more adventuresome of you could post links to raw files so others could work from the same exact data (Steve's files were a bit lowrez).

Have fun. Let's learn something!

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 05-14-2015 at 04:31 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2015, 04:25 AM
Janitor

re: Lightroom CC GPU vs not experiments

Steve gave me permission to upload the files from his show we used to compare times. They're pretty pedestrian, but you're welcome to download them if you'd like to compare using the exact files. It's a 50MB zip file.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software