RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Lightroom saves! (so does Jesus)

Old 10-03-2015, 04:46 PM

Angry Lightroom saves! (so does Jesus)

When you work on an image, I am told that Lightroom automatically saves the work. WHERE TO? HOW DO YOU FIND SOMETHING it has saved, and pigeonholed somewhere?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Patron

Re: Lightroom saves! (so does Jesus)

Your original file remains untouched and in the same location in which it started.

What is saved is a set of instructions describing your editing process. This is saved in the catalogue and if you have ticked the option as a sidecar file
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2015, 10:30 AM

Have been watching a Creative Live online tutorial, and now know to hit the cancel button at bottom right, so LR doesn't just suck em in, but has to wait for me to have the pics in a folder, and send it to that folder. I also learned how to direct LR on where to put the ones I have been working on.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2015, 11:06 AM

Your current original file remains untapped and in the same location through which it started.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2015, 01:00 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphishooter View Post
Have been watching a Creative Live online tutorial, and now know to hit the cancel button at bottom right, so LR doesn't just suck em in, but has to wait for me to have the pics in a folder, and send it to that folder.
You do not have to accept LR opening and injesting images automatically. You can turn this feature off (Preferences) and set up your folder and then ask LR to import to catalogue when ready after pointing to your new image folder in the LR dialogue.
Quote:
I also learned how to direct LR on where to put the ones I have been working on.
Not clear what you mean here as your worked on images remain where they started and only a new instruction set is saved - a very small fext file either within the LR catalogue database or additionally as an xmp file
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software