RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

eft filter from dvp technology

Old 09-15-2002, 10:44 PM

eft filter from dvp technology

I have downloaded the eft filters and they seem to be good however since they are demos they cant be applied. The apply buttons are disabled. What is the secret to registering the product to make them fully functional?

Tex
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2002, 06:24 AM
Janitor

The secret is to pay the registration fee to the author.

We have zero tolerance for piracy here.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2002, 10:29 AM

What Tex didn't include in his post is that although a download is available, the site is essentially "dead." No one responds to e-mails regarding support, how to purchase, etc. Looks like this company is (literally) somewhere in the Middle East = there may no longer be anyone monitoring the site or e-mails. I'm thinkin' he was looking for a clue from anyone on how to get a response from someone there in order to make a legit purchase.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2002, 03:33 PM

I think I may be able to help you. I downloaded mine last year so I assumed it was the same one they still have available.

I checked my version of it and noticed the apply button just under the view window of the filter was disabled also but I never used that. If you look at the bottom of your EFT filter box you should see OK and cancel. Just hit OK and it should work fine. Also, if you look at the bottom of your filters list in the EFT dialog box you will see ADD MORE FILTERS. Have you tried clicking on that? It opens up a whole new section with more filter options like fine grain, or moire, jpg pattern, smooth grain and more. You can choose as many as you want and adjust each of the adjustment sliders for unlimited fine tuning.

Let me know if that solves your problem. I would hate to think I've been recommending this and no one can get it to work anymore.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2002, 03:51 PM

I have tried using it and as long as I dont change any of the sliders it will let me apply the filter. As soon as I change any setting the OK and Apply buttons gray out.

Tex
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2002, 06:57 PM

Hmmmm, that's interesting. I really thought I solved your problem. I seem to be able to change sliders with no problem. I really don't think the downloads changed since I downloaded mine last year. Which one did you download? I downloaded the FE. You might try downloading and reinstalling it again. Maybe something went wrong in the download part. Are you working with PC or Mac? Maybe that has something to do with it. I use PC. At anyrate, that's about all I can come up with at this time.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-17-2002, 06:06 AM

I have the same problem TheTexan has. DJ I'll check to see which one I've downloaded. Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-17-2002, 08:34 AM
Janitor

I just got this email from DVP:

"Dear Sir/Mme

Thank you for your interest in our image processing plug - in product - Eye fidelity tools (EFT).

The EFT product has not yet been launched.

Currently we are planing to distribute the product via bundling with third party scanner/ digital camera products.

Please stay tuned for more information on the product, which will be released in due course.

Thanks again

Regards

Avivit raz
Marketing Leader"
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-17-2002, 07:09 PM

That's interesting. I guess we can safely assume they did change the downloads to be demos instead of the original Beta version I got last year. I don't know what to say in light of Doug's response from them. Sorry guys for steering you to the site for nothing. It's a shame because they really do have an interesting product.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-17-2002, 10:07 PM

Ummmmm . . . ok DJ . . .you're forgiven
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software