RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Developing Mac Photoshop 64 bit FFT / IFFT plugins

Old 01-07-2016, 01:46 PM

Re: Developing Mac Photoshop 64 bit FFT / IFFT plu

Thank you John for your feedbak.

There is another version of these plugins (namely FFT_C / IFFT_C) also availabe that has a cleaner 'edge banding' response compared to the current release candidate FFT / IFFT. Please see the 'Comparison' section in this link:

http://djjoofa.com/download/fft_mac_ps_cc_2015

However, the '_C' version would require me purchasing a commercial license for distribution of the code for a piece of 3rd party stuff that those plugins use. I intend to make the '_C' version free also, just like the currently released version. Therefore, if there is enough interest in the current version, and sufficient voluntary donations contribution, the '_C' version will be released in due time.

Joofa
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-09-2016, 02:26 PM

FFT / IFFT plugins now available for general download. Please use the following link:

http://djjoofa.com/download/fft_mac_ps_cc_2015

I have also added a link to John Wheeler's technique for removing edge banding in Photoshop using 'content aware fill'.

Joofa
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-09-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joofa View Post
I have also added a link to John Wheeler's technique for removing edge banding in Photoshop using 'content aware fill'.

Joofa
Big thumbs up for Dj Joofa on providing the FFT Plugin for Macs with PS CC2015. I have used his FFT Plugin on several images and quite please with the repeated pattern removal.

The edge anomaly reduction technique involves a simple Content Aware procedure and the details are in the link on Joofa's web site.

Here are the results in three steps on this example image (same one I used before). The three images are a) the original b) With just using the FFT c) with some ACR adjustments (I could have done a better job with these adjustments).

Very happy to have this tool in my Mac tool box for Photoshop!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Original-for-posting.jpg (320.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg JoofaFFT-for-posting.jpg (315.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Add-Adobe-ACR.jpg (324.5 KB, 18 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2016, 08:43 AM

Hi,

I downloaded the Joofa plugin and whenever I try to register the product, I get an error message saying, "Unable to talk to server." I've tried contacting Joofa directly but have never received a response.

Does anyone have an alternative plugin that they'd recommend or a way around this registration process?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 8.41.02 AM.png (85.3 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligari View Post
Hi,

I downloaded the Joofa plugin and whenever I try to register the product, I get an error message saying, "Unable to talk to server." I've tried contacting Joofa directly but have never received a response.

Does anyone have an alternative plugin that they'd recommend or a way around this registration process?
I've exactly the same problem.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2017, 01:26 AM

I have never been able to download the plugin.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-16-2017, 07:08 AM
Patron

AFAIK the product is no longer offered:

http://djjoofa.com/download/info
Quote:
Current Status
After providing free plugin support for several years, unfortunately, we had to discontinue the support. Development, support, and hosting these plugins incur cost. If there is sufficient interest in the plugins then they may be available again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-21-2017, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wheeler View Post
Big thumbs up for Dj Joofa on providing the FFT Plugin for Macs with PS CC2015. I have used his FFT Plugin on several images and quite please with the repeated pattern removal.

The edge anomaly reduction technique involves a simple Content Aware procedure and the details are in the link on Joofa's web site.

Here are the results in three steps on this example image (same one I used before). The three images are a) the original b) With just using the FFT c) with some ACR adjustments (I could have done a better job with these adjustments).

Very happy to have this tool in my Mac tool box for Photoshop!
I'm curious as to what the plugin does. If it's just a fast fourier transform and an inverse fast fourier transform, it could be replaced by a simple python script with some basic error checking included. Some of the libraries aren't perfectly invertible due to scale factors, but it's possible to fix that. If it really required a lot of development time, that's due to Adobe's api and color handling changes over the years.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-21-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klev View Post
I'm curious as to what the plugin does. If it's just a fast fourier transform and an inverse fast Fourier transform, it could be replaced by a simple python script with some basic error checking included. Some of the libraries aren't perfectly invertible due to scale factors, but it's possible to fix that. If it really required a lot of development time, that's due to Adobe's api and color handling changes over the years.
Hi Klew
I would not be surprised that there may be more difficulty due to Adobe that the actual math yet I really don't know. A far as I can tell it is just FFT and IFFT without anymore bells and whistles. Dr Joofa's plugin is real easy to use with PS yet that helps no one since it is not longer being provided.

If it isn't hard, it would be great if someone would do that simple work and provide a nice plugin for PS that works with the most recent versions of PS and continues to be supported. I still have Dr Joofa's plugin on CC 2015 which works just fine and quite fast yet have not tried to port it over to CC 2015.5 It will no doubt eventually not work on some future version of PS and it would be nice to have an easy replacement.

If it were so easy, I an not sure why someone has not done it before now. Glad the forum has pointed out alternatives because I will probably have to go use those alternatives eventually.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-22-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wheeler View Post
If it isn't hard, it would be great if someone would do that simple work and provide a nice plugin for PS that works with the most recent versions of PS and continues to be supported. I still have Dr Joofa's plugin on CC 2015 which works just fine and quite fast yet have not tried to port it over to CC 2015.5 It will no doubt eventually not work on some future version of PS and it would be nice to have an easy replacement.

If it were so easy, I an not sure why someone has not done it before now. Glad the forum has pointed out alternatives because I will probably have to go use those alternatives eventually.
I'm not sure why that hasn't happened. I have a couple suspicions. Adobe plugins may be incompatible with GPL licenses, and most fourier transform libraries are GPL licensed. This stuff does come up on Linux though. This is from 2010. They implemented something slightly more complicated than a simple fourier transform.

I have never used Adobe's plugin api, but I will look at it. My earlier point was that python could be used for this if you wanted to read a file from disk and apply a fourier transform or inverse fourier transform. You don't need a photoshop license at all. You could use the same script for MS paint.

A photoshop plugin written today should probably be run in 32 bit mode if it's available for plugins via public api. Fourier transforms are generally implemented for floating point data type, so using 32 bit mode would reduce the number of conversions.

Those are just my thoughts. I don't know how much work is required to implement a photoshop plugin, which may differ from a simple script (~50 lines including error and version checking).
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software