RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

straight line with lasso tool?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-07-2017, 11:42 PM
anderson234 anderson234 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 25
straight line with lasso tool?

Hi all,
Just recently I luckyly heard about RetouchPRO....unbelieveable!!!
There's one detail I can not follow in this video tutorial, my bad english :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TmRXxP5-5U
RetouchPRO LIVE - Photoshop Solutions, by Steve Caplin.

Near the end of the tuts (at time 1:04:35), Steve selected the window glass with lasso tool, he probably made lasso tool draw straight line, and I think it's not Polygon Lasso tool.
I tested myself, not working.
Could anybody please help me out?

Last edited by anderson234; 02-07-2017 at 11:58 PM.
Reply With Quote top
  #2  
Old 02-08-2017, 12:55 AM
Wolfman Wolfman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 373
Re: straight line with lasso tool?

Use polygonal for straight line or pen tool.
Reply With Quote top
  #3  
Old 02-08-2017, 05:05 AM
RCliff RCliff is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 2
Re: straight line with lasso tool?

You can do just that by holding the Option key (PC: Alt key), releasing the mouse button, and continuing to draw your selection. You'll notice that your cursor changes to the Polygonal Lasso tool, and that as you move the mouse, a perfectly straight selection will drag out.
Reply With Quote top
  #4  
Old 02-08-2017, 05:23 PM
anderson234 anderson234 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 25
Re: straight line with lasso tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCliff View Post
You can do just that by holding the Option key (PC: Alt key), releasing the mouse button, and continuing to draw your selection. You'll notice that your cursor changes to the Polygonal Lasso tool, and that as you move the mouse, a perfectly straight selection will drag out.
Thanks for the help. Works great! Releasing mouse is important.
Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 02-09-2017, 04:48 AM
skoobey skoobey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,374
Re: straight line with lasso tool?

Almost as important as reading the manual.
Reply With Quote top
  #6  
Old 02-09-2017, 07:00 AM
anderson234 anderson234 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 25
Re: straight line with lasso tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobey View Post
Almost as important as reading the manual.
Yeah, I find it in the manual.
You're right, I learned tons of video tuts, but never read the manual.
Reply With Quote top
  #7  
Old 02-14-2017, 03:36 AM
shumicpi shumicpi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 153
Re: straight line with lasso tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson234 View Post
Hi all,
Just recently I luckyly heard about RetouchPRO....unbelieveable!!!
There's one detail I can not follow in this video tutorial, my bad english :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TmRXxP5-5U
RetouchPRO LIVE - Photoshop Solutions, by Steve Caplin.

Near the end of the tuts (at time 1:04:35), Steve selected the window glass with lasso tool, he probably made lasso tool draw straight line, and I think it's not Polygon Lasso tool.
I tested myself, not working.
Could anybody please help me out?
Its indeed very helpful. But I have a question, isnt it better to use pen tool to create a straight line?
Reply With Quote top
  #8  
Old 02-14-2017, 04:50 AM
anderson234 anderson234 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 25
Re: straight line with lasso tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumicpi View Post
Its indeed very helpful. But I have a question, isnt it better to use pen tool to create a straight line?
I think pen can do that, but a little slower.

Last edited by anderson234; 02-14-2017 at 05:00 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Tools > Software


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RetouchPRO LIVE 3/10/2015 Learning the Pen Tool Doug Nelson RetouchPRO LIVE 8 03-14-2015 02:12 PM
Polygonal Lasso question Repairman Photoshop Help 12 05-06-2014 03:06 PM
Cloning or painting a straight line KTG Photo Retouching 1 06-17-2012 11:40 AM
Polygon Lasso tool closes by itself bestremera Photo Compositing 4 02-14-2012 09:03 AM
Pen tool line SilvaFox Photo Retouching 8 01-28-2011 01:15 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved