RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Software (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/software/)
-   -   Photoshop Pen Tool ... Shape Fill Help (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/software/39647-photoshop-pen-tool-shape-fill-help.html)

lacogada 07-30-2017 09:30 AM

Photoshop Pen Tool ... Shape Fill Help
 
Trying to figure how to use the pen tool in shape mode.

Watched a few YT videos that show people drawing shapes around hair for example,
and you can see the pen points and as soon as they close the shape, it gets filled.

When I try drawing the shape, it is constantly getting filled making it harder to see my points.

Only if I start with no fill selected in toolbar can I draw the path cleanly, but then have to
go to drop-down to choose fill color. Then that color stays selected and I'm back to having the shape constantly being filled again.

Guess that's hard to follow, not sure if I'm explaining it well enough.

I would like to draw my shape ... seeing only the pen points ... then when I close
the shape, the shape is filled with color.

Wolfman 07-30-2017 11:50 AM

Re: Photoshop Pen Tool ... Shape Fill Help
 
After you draw your shape can't you fill the shape with the color of your choice with a fill layer?

lacogada 07-31-2017 10:06 AM

Re: Photoshop Pen Tool ... Shape Fill Help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfman (Post 333478)
After you draw your shape can't you fill the shape with the color of your choice with a fill layer?

Yes ... I guess so.

Most videos I've seen are time lapse, so sorta hard to tell what's exactly
going on.

But it seems as soon as they close that last point, the shape is filled automatically.

Thanks for the reply.

Shoku 07-31-2017 01:36 PM

Re: Photoshop Pen Tool ... Shape Fill Help
 
2 Attachment(s)
To create your shape without seeing the fill use the Path tool not the Shape tool.
Once your path is completed and closed, click the Shape button on the tool bar and your path will be filled with your chosen color. See images attached.

lacogada 07-31-2017 01:44 PM

Re: Photoshop Pen Tool ... Shape Fill Help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoku (Post 333485)
To create your shape without seeing the fill use the Path tool not the Shape tool.
Once your path is completed and closed, click the Shape button on the tool bar and your path will be filled with your chosen color. See images attached.

Aha ... that must be how they are doing it.

Thanks Shoku

shumicpi 08-11-2017 04:52 AM

Re: Photoshop Pen Tool ... Shape Fill Help
 
I guess you got some good idea about creating shape using pen tool from here, still I am sharing a very good tutorial on this https://www.clippingpathspecialist.c...shop-pen-tool/ . I hope it will also help you to know the details.

lacogada 08-11-2017 06:54 AM

Re: Photoshop Pen Tool ... Shape Fill Help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shumicpi (Post 333533)
I guess you got some good idea about creating shape using pen tool from here, still I am sharing a very good tutorial on this https://www.clippingpathspecialist.c...shop-pen-tool/ . I hope it will also help you to know the details.

Thanks ... good tutorial.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved