RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Software (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/software/)
-   -   Photoshop: PS script might be of use (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/software/39784-ps-script-might-use.html)

Ron Chambers 02-01-2018 02:24 AM

PS scripts FREE which might be of use.
 
1 Attachment(s)
SCROLL OVER webpage script.

I made this script a long while back and finally made a document for use. The script takes a pair of images and allows the user to make a scroll-over web page to view a file comparison. I find it useful in that you can email the web page and images to someone else to review. It can be included in your website as well.

It is absolutely FREE!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkmv0vbvmv...RATOR.zip?dl=0

Comments please.

Attached image.

RONC

Ron Chambers 02-01-2018 07:16 AM

Re: PS script might be of use
 
1 Attachment(s)
PARAMETER TESTING script:

This is another script you can have which will run a plugin a user defined number of times with parameters specified by the user. The script gives you an image for each test that the user can peruse in decide what parameter to use.
Sharpening is an example that can be tested to decide the optimal values to use. Document for how to use included.

Please holler if you have comments.

This is FREE.

RONC

shift studio 02-01-2018 05:59 PM

Re: PS script might be of use
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Chambers (Post 334200)
SCROLL OVER webpage script.

I made this script a long while back and finally made a document for use. The script takes a pair of images and allows the user to make a scroll-over web page to view a file comparison. I find it useful in that you can email the web page and images to someone else to review. It can be included in your website as well.

It is absolutely FREE!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkmv0vbvmv...RATOR.zip?dl=0

Comments please.

RONC

Sounds interesting. Can you show us this in action? Post a link or something.
Thanks, Shift Studio.

p.s. I commissioned an Adobe Flash developer to create something that sounds like this for client review of before/after images about 10 years ago. I still use it, but these days, many clients are not into keeping Flash up to date, and/or giving permission to their browser to use the Flash plugin to view my review site...

Ron Chambers 02-01-2018 08:46 PM

Re: PS script might be of use
 
If you download and look at the pdf documentation you will see an example. No virus and really small. Even have space to document what the user is viewing. Used it litigation but lawyer asked for a fax! 🙃

RONC

Ron Chambers 02-03-2018 04:58 PM

Re: PS script might be of use
 
1 Attachment(s)
RGB_Channels2Layers-Layers2RGB_Channels scripts:

Layers2RGB_Channels will take a file with the three RGB channels and make a file with three layers named RED, GREEN, and BLUE.

RGB_Channels2Layers will take a file with three layers and allows the user to select which of the layers will inserted into a file layer named RGB. Naturally the major use of this would be to restore separated RGB channels back into an RGB layer which can be saved as an RGB file.

Files attached and are absolutely FREE!

Comments please.

RONC

Ron Chambers 02-10-2018 09:01 PM

Re: PS script might be of use
 
1 Attachment(s)
PadImage script:

Script extends the height and width of an image using spectrally consistent padding for use in reducing some of the edge effects in the use of algorithms like Ft.8bf Fourier transform or large smoothing filters.

Comments please.

RONC

shift studio 02-11-2018 03:37 PM

Re: PS script might be of use
 
1 Attachment(s)
I tried putting the script where you describe (using Mac OS instructions), restarted PS and the script is nowhere to be found.

I moved it to Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Presets/Scripts.
This made the script available in File/Scripts within PS.

However, running the script produces this error (see attached)

not sure what it means though, I haven't looked at the code at all.

maybe you know whats going on RonC?

--shift studio.

Ron Chambers 02-11-2018 04:35 PM

Re: PS script might be of use
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shift studio (Post 334241)
I tried putting the script where you describe (using Mac OS instructions), restarted PS and the script is nowhere to be found.

I moved it to Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Presets/Scripts.
This made the script available in File/Scripts within PS.

However, running the script produces this error (see attached)

not sure what it means though, I haven't looked at the code at all.

maybe you know whats going on RonC?

--shift studio.

Looking at my notes, it was tested only once on older Mac and PS so I'll update the pdf. The error occurs on Windows when the file is locked. Try making the file a layer then run it again please. This is an error that Adobe knows about but don't support scripts much on PS anymore.
Let me know please.
RONC

shift studio 02-11-2018 05:34 PM

Re: PS script might be of use
 
Hi Ron,

So when I make a layer first, the script finishes without error.
However, I don't think the result is what you intended?

The image is about 1/40 of the original dimensions with a solid padding around it.
Is that what I'm supposed to see?

Thanks, Shift Studio.

Ron Chambers 02-11-2018 06:48 PM

Re: PS script might be of use
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shift studio (Post 334243)
Hi Ron,

So when I make a layer first, the script finishes without error.
However, I don't think the result is what you intended?

The image is about 1/40 of the original dimensions with a solid padding around it.
Is that what I'm supposed to see?

Thanks, Shift Studio.

Did you also download PadImage script? That is what that sounds like. PadImage is for extending an image for large filters and edge effects.
Image Comparator generates a html page showing two images for scrolling.

RONC


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved