RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Gimp Tutorials

Old 11-16-2002, 10:26 PM

Gimp Tutorials

I'm a Photoshop user, but I also used Gimp for awhile. I saw comments here about wanting more information that features non-Adobe software, so here's a page of Gimp tutorials that I think are good. I especially like the one about salvaging blown out highlights.

http://cs.uhh.hawaii.edu/~jeschke/ph...utorials.shtml

BTW, there are also some Gimp links there, and other goodies.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-17-2002, 12:31 AM

good link! if you're looking for more GIMP tutorials check this out: (this would also be of interest to non GIMP users too since many of gimps features are like the ones in Photoshop or PSP) "Grokking the GIMP" you can view the entire book in HTML format - just scroll down the page to see the listing (and it's a good book too, I have an actual copy)

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2002, 11:47 PM

I already have Photoshop, but decided to use Gimp for awhile to see what it is like. I was pretty impressed by the range of features.

Overall, there is not as much horsepower as Photoshop, but it has nothing to be ashamed of. It's a very competent application. And the price can't be beat.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software