RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

photoshop plugins in fireworks

Old 12-04-2002, 01:42 PM

Hi,
I'm sure most of you know this but I only learnt of it today so I thought I would share it with you.
All of the plugins that you use in photoshop can also be used in fireworks by simply opening up the effects palette in fireworks and clicking on the small black arrow in the right hand corner,

when the drop down menu opens click on locate plugins, then just browse for your photoshop plugins folder (usually C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 6.0)

once you click on the button which should say select "photoshop" you will then need to close down your fireworks and reopen it your plugins should now be listed in the xtras in your menu
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2002, 06:03 PM

Hi Bandit,
Nice tip. Actually this is the first time I've ever heard of Fireworks. I guess I don't do much in Web graphics so that's not a surprise but for those that do it looks pretty interesting and a good tip if you also use Photoshop. How do you like this one over other web graphic programs?
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2002, 02:43 AM

Hi DJ Dubovsky,
I use photoshop every day for print projects but when i'm using Dreamweaver I prefer to use fireworks as its excellent for optimising graphics for use on the web
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2002, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the tip Bandit. I'm gathering tons of info before I start working on my website, so this will come in handy!
Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2002, 11:00 AM

Your welcome
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2002, 11:01 AM

I've only done one web animation myself and I really got a taste of what's involved in them. It's alot of work but it's so cool to see it all fall together when you're done. I was amazed at what's involved with putting an entire website together.
I looked at Fireworks and it really looked pretty impressive but what does it offer that's better or more efficient than PS 7 with it's new web design features or Image Ready? I'm not familiar with this area myself so I'm not sure what makes one better than another.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-06-2002, 03:38 AM

hI DJ Dubovsky,
I use Photoshop 6 so I don’t know about Photoshop 7’s ability in web design but you asked what Fireworks has to offer.
Fireworks is a vector-based editing tool, but it also has the ability to function in bitmap editing mode. It offers tight integration with Dreamweaver and other Macromedia products for the Web, including Flash.

Fireworks automatically generates HTML and JavaScript code for rollovers, image maps, and image slices.
It has the ability to import and export layered Photoshop (PSD) files, and import Illustrator, Freehand, and CorelDraw files preserving vector edibility. And export SWF and Adobe Illustrator formats.
It also features a pop-up menu creator, step-by-step button maker, selective JPEG compression, text on a path, live animation, and unlimited history (undo/redo).

And as I’ve said in my previous thread all Photoshop plugins can be used in Fireworks. So there are advantages but the downside is it only supports RGB colour.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-06-2002, 05:42 PM

I can see why you use it. Sounds like a pretty powerful peice of software. PS 7 got heavier into web applications but like I said it's not my forte so I can't really do a comparison. That was their major selling point besides the healing brush. Anyway it doesn't seem like you need to upgrade with Fireworks.
DJ
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software