RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

I'm returning Painter 7

Old 01-02-2003, 03:44 PM

Man, It just crashed doing a save to an 80k 640x480 jpg. When I save to a different file name it works fine. I wonder if it's an XP/Painter bug?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2003, 06:54 PM

told you before

I use xp and huge files and rarely do they crash, I know I told you this before, only if I accidently try to do something way over size, like a huge oversized brush by accident, also I save as the first time and then just save there after.
I just think it has to be something with your computer.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2003, 07:21 PM

Re: told you before

Quote:
Originally posted by platscha@cs.com
I use xp and huge files and rarely do they crash, I know I told you this before, only if I accidently try to do something way over size, like a huge oversized brush by accident, also I save as the first time and then just save there after.
I just think it has to be something with your computer.
I doubt it has anything to do with my computer. No other program crashes like this. I'm a software engineer and I've been running XP since the Beta days. I'm loading 100mb files into PSP and PS7. It's only Painter7 which is crashing. Face it, it's a poorly impmlemented and buggy program. The manual even mentions the possibility of it corrupting it's own files.

Jaz
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2003, 07:58 PM

NOT THAT i DOUBT YOU. . . .

It isn't that I doubt you but it is hard for me to accept because of my experience, I use the program for many hours every day and it doesn't happen to me, and at school for the last 1 1/2 it hasn't happened and also I have several friends, one who is a teacher and fine artist doing huge giclee prints from painter and she has only in several years had 2 crashes. I do know that in the cd I am sending you she mentions an inherent problem with crashing.
Guess I better knock on wood.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2003, 08:19 PM

Re: NOT THAT i DOUBT YOU. . . .

Quote:
It isn't that I doubt you but it is hard for me to accept because of my experience, I use the program for many hours every day and it doesn't happen to me, and at school for the last 1 1/2 it hasn't happened and also I have several friends, one who is a teacher and fine artist doing huge giclee prints from painter and she has only in several years had 2 crashes. I do know that in the cd I am sending you she mentions an inherent problem with crashing.
Guess I better knock on wood.
Are you running XP Pro? Maybe that's the diff?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2003, 09:14 PM

no

I have reg xp, home maybe it's called but not professional.
At school we are on G4's and my teacher friend uses a G$ but 2 other friends that use it all the time (daily) are on PC, one I know uses win 98 or Me
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2003, 03:22 PM

Re: no

Quote:
I have reg xp, home maybe it's called but not professional.
At school we are on G4's and my teacher friend uses a G$ but 2 other friends that use it all the time (daily) are on PC, one I know uses win 98 or Me
Not sure what's causing the problem but saving to new file name each time works for me...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software