Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

?scratch volume?

Old 01-25-2003, 07:35 PM
Location: Northeast Oklahoma, 30 acres of pasture, trees and child rearing space.
Question ?scratch volume?

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this thread, but I'll give it a try.
When starting up P.S.7, I get the following message:

"You currently have PS scratch and Windows primary paging file on the same volume. This could cause reduced performance. Reccomend to set PS on a different volume, preferably a different drive."

Can someone tell me what this means, if my PS is really not performing right and what to do to remedy this.
As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working correctly, but that may be just because I don't know how it is supposed to work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2003, 08:01 PM
It means your preferences file is getting reset when you start PS. The message is nothing to be concerned about, everyone with a single hd gets it when they start up PS with a new prefs file. More important is: why is your prefs file getting reset?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software