Great link Andrew
There are some free light plugins available, I believe that there was a discussion in the software forum about said plugins.
That was the Luce plugin (hosted at thepluginsite). It does radiating and parallel light rays. Not much control, but it is free.
Initial Work with ML
I have just purchased Mystical Lighting and have about 8 hours and 3 pics thru it. Here are my thoughts so far:
1. The program is a huge memory hog and has errored my out 500Mb system twice while working or saving pics.
2. I was shocked by the lo res look at the pic I loaded, but I guess they don't load a hi res version. Once I managed to work and save a pic I was impressed by the result. So don't pay attention to the loaded pic.
3. I found that opening a blank image from the menu and then loading the pic I am working as a photo layer works best. When I open a pic directly, all of the effects went behind the loaded image. This is confusing and I'll look at it more. Could be my fault.
4. The output in a png file.... why??? If I load a psd, I'd like a psd back. I have not been able to slect the plug in and work a pic as yet. (see #3)
5. I like the initial work I was able to finish and will be fine tuning it while learning more.
6. The interface is a bit confusing, i.e. do an effect and save, then pick another effect..... watch the line up at the top of the screen, nothing happens until the file is saved. Again, looks like a memory issue. (Do I need 2 Gb of RAM????)
7. Haven't found layer support for psd files as yet. If it's not there, that's very bad.
I will continue to post more as I fumble thru things and post an update next week.
Hope this helps,
Thanks for posting your impressions. I spoke with someone who is test-driving this, and she said the low-res is because Mystical Lighting is working with a proxy of the original to speed things up. That's why when you save you get the full quality back.
If I hear of anything else, I will let you know.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[FPS] Free Plugin Shoutout (or Shootout)||Doug Nelson||Software||11||10-04-2012 06:42 PM|
|Plugin (link): Bas-Relief, Redfield plugins emboss like||DannyRaphael||Photo-Art Resources||10||03-03-2007 01:02 PM|
|create lighting effect on people||sunkist4338||Image Help||4||02-20-2005 04:27 PM|
|Plugin (link): Pop Art from Plugin Galaxy||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||1||08-02-2004 06:42 PM|
|Saving Photos from poor lighting,...||NiteOwl||Image Help||25||01-18-2003 06:19 PM|