RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Melancholytron by Flaming Pear software

Old 09-02-2001, 11:58 PM

Melancholytron by Flaming Pear software

Doug, If this isnt the right place for a plug-in review, I apologise. I trust it will be hearded to the right pasture.
Of all the Plug-in filters I have tried over the years, this little number from Flaming Pear software is one which I use almost every day. It's claim to fame is it's remarkable ability to turn a so-so photo into a pensive,moody work with the adjustment of a few sliders and the "click of a mouse". Avaliable from the Flaming pear web site as a demo and easily purchased and activated on-line, I cant say enough good things about it. Very modestly priced and fairly easy to learn, I never had to resort to the on line help as the interface is simple yet powerful and the best way to learn it is to simply sneak it into your "sandbox" and start playing. The preview window in the interface box is a bit small but gives a pretty good idea of how your adjustments will look on " the wide screen". Featuring blending modes(glue they call 'em) the variety possible with this Plug in is amazing. I know it works great in PS 6 but am unsure about support for other programs--Thus a quick detour to the web site would be in order. See the attachment below for an example of what this software can do. I would have to rate this program as a must have. It is simply Fun! Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-03-2001, 12:05 AM

Guess a link would help you get there and avoid all the pit falls and road kills on the electronic super highway. Try this folks:www.flamingpear.com Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-06-2001, 08:02 PM

Thanks for the review and web link. Looks like a good plug in to try out.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-06-2001, 10:30 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Tom,

Those look pretty good indeed. Is the demo a full featured software? How does it differ from the purchased version? Thanks.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-06-2001, 10:50 PM

Ed, The demo has certain restrictions on it that left me a little cold when I first tried it, but being the person refered to by P.T. Barnum, I purchased it any way. Glad I did, this is probably the only plug-in which I have tried to date that I would rate as a must have for serious work as well as fun. Tom.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-07-2001, 10:01 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Thanks Tom. That really looks like a good one to have. I've never bought a plug-in, but that one might be my first.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-07-2001, 10:43 PM

It is a great one for setting a somber, wistful air about the photo to which it is applied. Also for giving a great "antique" look to modern snapshots. The way in which it preforms its magic can hide a multitude of small imperfections. Tom
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software