RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

AUTO EYE Plug-in Review

Old 09-04-2001, 02:18 PM

AUTO EYE Plug-in Review

What drew me to this plug-in (Auto-Eye by Auto FX) was the reported ability of it improve the quality of scanned images, and it does do that---but so will any image editing program worthy of the name. This program will function as both a stand alone and plug-in, which is nice, It seems to me to be very stable as in the few months I have been playing with it I experienced no lock-ups. It does do a creditable job of enhancing images and does a fairly good job with bringing color "to life" as it were, But not really any better than can be done in your image editing program. The user interface is simple to master and the number of variables you can control are adequate to do serious work. The presets which come with it are useful for boosting color and contrast and sharpening, to the degree that someone wanting to use this program for tuning up imported images would find it adequate. I,however, was left a little apathetic by it as it really cant do anything which simply adjusting your scanner can and,again, anything which cant be done in your image editing program. I would have to rate this one as a nice but not necessary addition. It just didnt offer anything new or really helpful. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2001, 02:35 PM

Thumbs down Great Review Tom

Wow, great review Tom. I had never heard of the plug in you mentioned but your review was right to the point and a fair evaluation of your own experiences. I liked how you brought up all the pros and cons. It really gave us a good sense of what the capabilities are and how they compare to what we already have. Got any other good plug in reviews, we'd love to know about them.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2001, 02:43 PM

Dj, Thanks for the comments. I have several more I will write about over the next few days. Hope that it will help folks in deciding what is worth while spending some bucks on and which to put in the " snake oil" file. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2001, 02:48 PM

Great Tom,
That will be a big help to everyone. Some of those things are soooo expensive and the demos don't really give you a good enough feel of their real potential or lack of. It will be good to get a thorough evaluation of them by someone who tried them out and is not out to sell them to you. I look forward to reading more of these.
DJ
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software