RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Harrys Filters: Review

Old 09-08-2001, 11:48 PM

Harrys Filters: Review

Let me begin by saying I am impressed with this collection of freeware, that's right, freeware, filters. Unless you are into heavy duty web or design work, this collection would probably fill any need you might have, plus they are easy, adjustable and lots of fun. I have played around with them for a little over 4 months and have found them useful for background creation and compositing type effect stuff plus very stable, as in crash free. Downloading and installing were a snap---no small item in my book! Their creator offers a set called Plug-In Galaxy which is Not freeware and for the serious design person, this set would be the way to go. The things which most impressed me about these filters were the amazing amount of adjustment you can apply to them to alter the default settings and the speed with which they work. Very impressive. In fact for someone like me this is probably the only set of special effect type filters I would ever need...not want... but need. Check out the following link for download site.http://www.webattack.com/get/hfilters.shtml Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2001, 04:41 AM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Couldn't you find something a little cheaper? That's a pretty impressive filter package! I haven't really used it yet, but I did play around with it for a few minutes. Oh boy! More sliders and options to choose from. It sure looks like it would be an easy way to get effects for backgrounds, as well as other things. Thanks for passing that along Tom. For the price, you really can't go wrong to try it.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2001, 10:29 AM

Hey I have those. They are neat arn't they. There are several of those freeware plugins that are really pretty good. I downloaded so many Photoshop spit out my main filters to make room. I was going to go throug them and put in the ones I would use until I max the Photoshop filter limit but I haven't done that yet. Does 6 allow for more plugins than 5.5 does? I really should do that as I am overlooking a good resource.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2001, 11:25 AM

Dj, I'm not sure if PS 6 has more "room" or not. I finally had to go in and clean my plug-in folder out as well. Perhaps one of the plug-in manager programs might be a good idea. I am beginning to think seriously along those lines. Ed, I'll try harder!! Really!! Tom
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software