RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Andromedia Series 1 Plug in Photo Filters Review

Old 09-20-2001, 07:50 AM

Andromedia Series 1 Plug in Photo Filters Review

There really isnt too much I can say about this offering from Andromedia software. To be fair, the program didnt crash. But it really does not do much either--sort of an electronic boat anchor. The filters are, simply put, crude. There is nothing there which cannot be done better in an image editing program and one, Halo, is, well, do this.... using the circular marquee tool, draw a circle on a photo. lighten the selection with curves or levels. Presto--Halo. With that, which really sums up the power and usefulness of this whole set of filters, I will steal away to lick my wounds once again. For $80+ I would NOT adivse you buy this turkey. In fact, I would advise you to be very wary of any offering from this company. Their ads are misleading and this is the second piece of software, and the last, I have purchased from them which turned out to be simply useless. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2001, 12:01 PM

Thanks again Tom. I heard of the Andromeda plug ins but never checked them out. Guess I won't bother. Most of the plugins out there aren't really as useful as they are glamorous especially in the restoration feild. I think they are more geared toward web graphics and digital art.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2001, 12:48 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Thanks for you information on various software items. This is proving valuable for many of us.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2001, 05:48 PM

Dj, Very true about what the plug ins are geared to. Problem is that there are a whole lot of them that are not even useful for graphics work as with a little imagination and rudimental skills using whatever program you prefer, it is possible to actually do a better job than with the plug-in. There are exceptions, but they seem to be few in actual number. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2001, 05:53 PM

You are right Tom, which makes what you are doing all the more valuable to the rest of us. I just added a full version trial of Ulead Art Textures plugins. Maybe I will join the effort and give a review on that one.
DJ
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software