RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Playtime with your Program

Old 10-03-2001, 10:20 PM

Playtime with your Program

With all the plug-in applications out there it is sometimes easy to forget that the most powerful ones you can get, you already have--built in to your Image editing program. The attached examples were done in 20 minutes, start to finish using only PS 6 and its Dust/scratch filter,layering and layer masks, blending modes, lens flare filter and hi-pass sharpening. Does this mean no more Plug in reviews? You will not be that lucky. More are on the way, but dont overlook the power of what you have--it will suprise you. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2001, 10:31 PM

Well put Tom. Liked your little experiments as well. I have been going on web searches for those little freebee plugins (too cheap to buy them) I have collected many of them and I love testing them but I realize I play with them but for the basic photo applications I still go back the PS standards. Most of the time I don't even remember they are there and what they do because I have amassed so many. Just got a whole bunch of neat ones I haven't even unzipped yet. I am a good candidate for that Plugin Commander. There is also another one that is supposed to be real good as well called Plugin Manager 2. They sure are fun to collect and play with but as a "Must Have" I think Photoshop does pretty well on it's own.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2001, 10:40 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
You mean it's not automated? Does it come with a remote? That's a pretty impressive image, and it didn't mean that you had to take the chance of getting nearly nothing for your money (which always seems to be pretty inticing to you) I guess just because you have to pay extra for it doesn't always mean it's better. Just costs more.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2001, 10:55 PM

Ed, If I dont get swindled at least once a month, I begin feeling neglected and down cast. Luckly, there is alot of software out there designed just to keep me from loosing my non-profit status and from experiencing the above negative feelings. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2001, 11:07 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Yeah, I have the feeling that *YOU* are the reason they're out there. Word gets around fast!

Ed
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software