Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Best software for organizing photos

Old 07-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Red face Best software for organizing photos

Hello everyone..........I'm rather new here (kinda been lurking) and I was wondering if ya'll could point me to the best software for orgainizing photos.

Thanks, Pamela
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Hi YorkieMominFL,

I use ThumbsPlus to organize/view photos.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2004, 12:08 AM
I like ACDsee......

I use ACDsee and like it very much. I have also used the latest version of Thumbs Plus and really did not care for it. ACDsee in my opinion is the best image/photo organizing software on the market. I have heard allot of people compalin about it recently though. They say it is slow and unstable and this and that. I use it everyday on my PC with Windows XP and have never had a problem with it. I am using ACDsee Powerpack 6.03, the best in my opinion. The only other one that comes close in my opinion is Jasc's attempt at Photo organizing. Another reason I chose ACDsee is that it allows you to rate your images/photos and them sort them based on your ratings. It has allot of features, to many to state here. Either one would be great. Thumbs Plus to me is nothing for the money you spend. It just didnt do it for me. I didn't really care for anything about it. Allot of people seem to like it though. I would recommend ACDsee to anyone though, with Jasc coming in second. What you need to do is use the demo's to see which one you like best, then make your decision.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2004, 09:53 AM
I like irfanview

I like this... and it's free.. great viewer also... small and fast
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2004, 03:22 AM
Try PicaJet Photo Organizer.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2004, 08:19 AM
I have been using Cumulus by Canto for quite sometime and it works great on both mac and pc. It supports many file types from PSD to tiff jpeg, even pdf and quarkxpress files. Not to mention mpeg, and quicktime.
You can also make stand alone cd libraries to give to people and they don't need the software...

It is a drag and drop your picture interface and you can make custom fields to suit your needs. I am using this for an inhouse design firm for a corporation for all of our photography. Your best bet is to try demo's of all you can. You'll know what you need.

The basic version would suit any entry level needs.

You could also check they have software called Extensis Portfolio, which is similar to Cumulus.
Both companies are leaders in image management and either will definately be a wise choice, even if you don't use all the features.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software