Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Nikon Capture Digital DEE vs Photoshop Shadow/Highlight

Old 07-18-2004, 04:25 AM
Nikon Capture Digital DEE vs Photoshop Shadow/Highlight

Photoshops Shadow/Highlight has more controls than Nikon Capture's Digital DEE (but the latter uses extra information recorded by the camera). Also Shadow/Highlight can produce some unnatural effects (sometimes interesting).

Which should I use as my first port of call when adjusting shadow detail?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Both are pretty powerful tools. As stand alone, I would have to say that I generally prefer to use highlights/shadows. Even with more options it seems more intuitive and certainly faster. However, in conjunction with the Unsharp Mask functions in Capture, DEE can certainly give different and very powerful results. At the same time, working as long as you can in RAW has got to reduce manipulation deterioration. (yipes! Did I actually say that?)

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software