RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Photoshop Elements 3 or wait for Photoshop CS/2

Old 10-13-2004, 07:28 PM

Photoshop Elements 3 or wait for Photoshop CS/2

Since I upgraded my Macs to OS X, and couldn't run Photoshop 6 natively anymore, I switched to Photoshop Elements 2 and did quite well with it for hobby stuff, but I'm itching to get Photoshop again and I'm wondering if I should wait until spring when rumors say the next version will be out.

Without breaking any nda's, does anyone know if the rumors are true? Will I be able to still upgrade from v6 or will I have to spring for a new license - if I were to buy the current version, could I upgrade from v6?

I'm so confused

I don't do anything to justify the expense, but I don't spend a lot on other luxuries so I like to have the best when it comes to my computers.

thanks, Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-13-2004, 09:54 PM
Janitor

You're right about the nda being a problem, but you can always upgrade from one version of Photoshop to another version. Photoshop has had a pretty consistent 18-month cycle from version to version, so you can calculate within a month or two about when the next version should hit. But it usually isn't a free upgrade unless you purchase the older version after the official announcement date.

That said, Elements 3 is fun, and has fun stuff that will never appear in any version of Photoshop. Now whether it's $50 worth of fun (last amazon price I heard) will be up to you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-13-2004, 10:07 PM

Thanks Doug. I think I'll go for the PSE 3 - I can always pass it along to the kids if I decide to go for the full meal deal later on.

Take care, Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Janitor

There are things in Elements 3 that I can see specifically aimed at kids. And I don't normally plug my day-job projects here, but I just finished techediting a book called "Fun with Photoshop Elements 3" that has things in it that kids would love (well, older kids, like 10 or so at least).
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2004, 06:34 AM

Will the book be out for Christmas?? The kids have my old digital camera, my old iBook, I'll give them PSE3 and your book - that should keep them busy for a while!

Take care, Margaret
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software