RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Software to change person's age?

Old 11-19-2005, 02:33 PM

T-Mobile closed it down. I suspect too much traffic to their site and not enough buyers. I have been trying to 1. get the code from them, or 2. find out who owns the code. If and when I get it, I'll let you know. May have to buy it.

You can still do it using a program like Broderbund's MORPH software. Just use an older relative as the end pic and count the years in age between the two people. Then allot a certain number of seconds for each year for the movie to run.

You can then stop the results at the age you want to see, but the further along the movie runs, the less like the original photo it will be and the more like the end pic.

So say you have a baby pic of a child, and a pic of the same sex parent. The parent is 25. So you allot 5 x 25 or 125 second for the entire movie. Then at marker 5 the baby would be one year old, at marker 125 he would be 25 yrs. If you wanted to see what he'd look like at 5 you'd stop at marker 25.

Take a look: http://mcwhirterfamilyofmercer.com/justinr.swf This takes a baby pic of my son from about 4 months to 19. It's pretty darn accurate.

http://www.mcwhirterfamilyofmercer.com/justodad2.swf
Dad is 58, so the most accurate it would be is up to 40 or 45.

Amy
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2005, 11:23 PM

amy,

that's pretty cool. thank you

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2006, 08:30 AM

Work it

I Don't know if there's a software to do this, but I don't think It can do a better job. Photoshop can do it.

I did this one, and I like it. Hope you do too.

If you're interested I can tell you how
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aging Jim.jpg (94.4 KB, 123 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2006, 09:10 AM

Well, as the topic starter. I for one would LOVE to learn how you did that!

Amy
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2006, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother
I Don't know if there's a software to do this, but I don't think it can do a better job. Photoshop can do it.

I did this one, and I like it. Hope you do too.

If you're interested I can tell you how
Very impressive work, Godmother. I, too, would love to know how you did this.

Welcome to RetouchPRO!

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2006, 10:55 AM

Sources

It's all in the sources U use. First, start with a good high quality pic of the person you're about to age.
Then find several old pic in the same perspective/orientation. (Try sxc.hu or google words like: old man, old woman, grandmother, grandfather, grampa) and don't worry about the similitud between the two subjects. My old pic was an old dark men.

Then you just have to cut and paste areas you like over the original image, mask the pasted layer with a soft brush and color match with levels, tone, color balance, bright and contrast, may be in some cases even a layer blended "color" for a perfect match.

Never touch the personality givers (I don't know if that is even a expresion) like EYES and nose. Keep the shape play with the limits.

The hair desaturated but not just "Adjust/Desaturate" try 2 adjust layers, one for saturation in color mode and another saturation (Bring the last one down and play with the first abobe to get the right contrast an tone). Then if you're doing this to a woman, add some hair with a very smal brush (yes, hair by hair one at the time, when you're happy with amount of hair you've added, just add a little noise and then some blur for a "real look"

Again if you're doing a woman, spots in the skin (burned), may do the trick... and one important part of a woman aged is the boobs, google (old breast implant) for those

Glasses may help, but they are optional.

and again. Details make your image: Lips, teeth, fingers, nails, ears, veins in the eyes, etc.

Every time you add wrinkles continue the wrinkle in the original skin with the burn tool.

Be detailer.

All the hair that you see in the old pic of mine is from copy and paste, I searched for a few sources that matched the hair style and masked the parts I liked the most.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU (And sorry for my english, I've never studied, I just picked what I know from movies and songs, so... this is the best I can do)

Jim's chop took 6 hours, so don't espect to get nice results in a few minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heidi_klum.jpg (95.0 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by Godmother; 06-06-2006 at 11:29 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2006, 03:38 PM

Red face Thanks

Thanks for the Welcome
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2006, 04:04 PM

How would you ad jowls?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2006, 06:13 PM

jowls

To add jowls...

First I'd try to find sources for it, always looking at the position/perspective of them, not the "look a like".

If I can't find any, I'll draw some double chin.

First with the Airbrush tool, some fairly broad strokes, copying the colors in the area of her neck. Then work in the details with a smaller brush.

It would be good to have a picture of an old womans neck to gide you.

May be playing a little with the liquify tool to zoom in and make the second chin.

I guess that's what I've have done. Hope it helps you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2006, 07:42 PM

this is my first post here, and i am looking forward to learning from all of you -- i came across this age progression tutorial at:

http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp?sid=161116

it looks pretty good, although i haven't tried it yet.

johnnieB
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software