RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

The new version of Photoshop

Old 12-06-2004, 08:07 AM

Font scrolling...

T Paul

This may help...

Type your text (which creates a text layer).
Select your text
Click on the "name" of the font in the toolbar.
Now you can use your arrow keys to scroll up/down thru your font list and the selected text (in your document) will change accordingly.

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-06-2004, 08:42 AM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
There's been a time or two when I wished I had the option to save History when I need to close the file. I think that would come in handy too.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-06-2004, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_L
There's been a time or two when I wished I had the option to save History when I need to close the file. I think that would come in handy too.

Ed
Good one, Ed. Along the same lines I'd like to have the option of taking History steps and turning them into an Action.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-06-2004, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrolinc
T Paul

This may help...

Select your text
Now you can use your arrow keys to scroll up/down thru your font list and the selected text (in your document) will change accordingly.

Thanks Jeffrey! Franny Mae PMed me the same info. I'll try it again, but in the past the arrows didn't change the text. I had to select and reselect each font one at a time. Hopefully it's operator error. I do use the arrow function to scroll through the font list and immediately see the changes as I scroll in Corel and love it. I just haven't been so lucky with Adobe. I must admit though that I haven't tried it in awhile as I thought it just wasn't possible.

Last edited by T Paul; 12-07-2004 at 11:00 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-07-2004, 05:49 AM

I'd love to see an extra custom menu bar where one can drag and drop menu items that they use frequently- for quick and easy access. ie) Filter -> Sharpen -> Unsharpen mask would become a funky icon on your new menu bar.

Brad
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2004, 10:53 AM

It seems unlikely but I would like some magical way to select a layer or layer set by clicking on the image. I do composites for printing 'n(images)-up' with images and text which don't actually overlay one another; contact sheet like. I have to arrange them to optimize paper and that's slow work even when I label the layers carefully. I just want to click and move the text and the image together anywhere I want and then click and move the others the same way.
Like I said... magical; but Adobe has done magic many times before.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2004, 01:32 PM

Chip, when you have the move tool selected and check "auto select layer" that will move whichever layer you click on. Is that what you are trying to do? I use it a lot when I am working on collages. You can't move layer sets this way, but you can move layers that are locked together. This works for everything...once you choose "auto select layer" you will automatically select any layer you click on no matter what tool you are using. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2004, 01:46 PM

Good call, FrannyMae...

For those with versions of PS that don't have the "auto select layer" option or if you want to keep this option turned off:
* Choose the Move tool
* Ctrl + click to select the layer that corresponds to the portion of the image clicked.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2004, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_L

Ed
Yeah, that's a good one, I'd like to be able to save snapshots with an image.
Chip
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2005, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrolinc
T Paul

This may help...

Select your text

Hmmmm...that's how I remember it working a few versions back, but it doesn't do that now (using Photoshop CS). I tried gain. I selected the text, highlighted it, and selected the font and clicked the up and down arrows and nothing happens unless I actually select a new font. Of course once I select a font, the list closes and my text is updated (no option to continue scrolling through fonts). In Corel, the text changes as I click the up and down arrows without me having to select a font. Hmmm.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software