RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

The new version of Photoshop

Old 01-25-2005, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Paul
Hmmmm...that's how I remember it working a few versions back, but it doesn't do that now (using Photoshop CS). I tried gain. I selected the text, highlighted it, and selected the font and clicked the up and down arrows and nothing happens unless I actually select a new font. Of course once I select a font, the list closes and my text is updated (no option to continue scrolling through fonts). In Corel, the text changes as I click the up and down arrows without me having to select a font. Hmmm.
Try this:
Highlight the text, click on the font list and make sure that you don't click anyplace other that a tool bar. If you do the font list will no longer be selected and you can't scroll. The font list has to be highlight in order to scroll through the fonts.

Back to the subject... USM would be nice as an adjustment layer, actually any filter that can be put into an adjustment layer would be great.

Last edited by vinniesworld; 01-25-2005 at 05:33 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2005, 07:24 AM

Thanks vinniesworld, but that's exactly what I am doing. I can scroll through the fonts, but they do not change the selected text unless I select one.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2005, 10:12 AM

I'd like to see them add edge detection to the heal brush. If you are close to an edge and paint with the heal brush, it will blend up to that edge but not pull in the color from the other side.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2005, 12:06 AM

I'd like to see this thread E-mailed to Adobe. You guys have some great ideas for the next version. Ed, I didn't think about the history save but now that you mentioned it, I can recall how many times I closed out accidentally and was left with no way to back track except starting from the original all over. Great idea. They're not likely to come true unless Adobe knows what the users want and this site is loaded with users. Might not be a bad idea to let them know.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2005, 06:18 AM

It would be nice to see Adobe implement the ability to 'sort out' the edges of composited elements so they blend seamlessly into an image.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2005, 08:30 AM

Show Clipping

If you've ever played with Image>Adjustment>Variations you'll get a little check box called "Show Clipping".

I can't understand why such a useful little item doesn't show up any place else. I ended up doing an action to make a layer that mimicks the effect.
But it would be much better if it was built-in like the Gamut Warning.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2005, 08:54 AM

My needs are much simpler, and much more achievable. I'd just like to see the price drop by 50%.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2005, 10:06 AM

I'd like a simple way to incorporate a smart rotation into a photoshop cropping action, ie have photoshop crop everything to 8x10, but if the picture is horizontal crop it to 10x8
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-04-2005, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okplayer
I'd like a simple way to incorporate a smart rotation into a photoshop cropping action, ie have photoshop crop everything to 8x10, but if the picture is horizontal crop it to 10x8
I believe ImageReady has similar capability built-in. If PS CS2 had improvements of this nature, I'd be tickled.

But I'm not optimistic because for those who know how (which excludes me), there are a couple ways to do this now, both involving scripts.

a) Write an action that invokes a script whose logic is this:

If landscape
...THEN apply 8x10 crop action
ELSE
....apply 10x8 crop action

b) I found the following script that's pretty slick. It detects orientation and, if necessary, rotates an image beforehand and back again once the desired changes are applied.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=9444563

Because of this current functionality, I'd be surprised if Adobe does much, if anything, from now on to expand action functionality. It would be just like them so say, "If you can't do it in an action, script it." From mortals like me, "Thanks alot."

I sure hope I'm wrong.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-21-2005, 12:58 AM

Fonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Paul
Thanks vinniesworld, but that's exactly what I am doing. I can scroll through the fonts, but they do not change the selected text unless I select one.

You are not using the down arrow on the font box are you? You are just selecting both text and the box like so, correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg texttest.jpg (42.3 KB, 6 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software