Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Black prints strange from photoshop

Old 01-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Black prints strange from photoshop

I have a weird question. When I print my tif images from photoshop the parts of the image that are very dark are reflective in light. It's hard for me to describe, but it's like the black lights up when you look at it at a certain angle. However, when I print from other software I don't have this problem. I would like to be able to print from photoshop though because other than the black colors, everything else looks great. Can anyone help?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2005, 12:31 AM
It sounds to me like a saturation problem with the black ink,or possibly the wrong paper type for the job at hand.

You might benefit from having a look at your printer settings to see if you can adjust the saturation levels.

Another option to consider is the type of ink you are using ? Are you using third party inks ? If so, try using the manufacturer inks and see if that makes a difference.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Thank you for your suggestion Axleuk. However, I am using a new Canon pixma photo printer with canon photo plus glossy paper. The printer still has the original cartridges. My pictures only print like this from photoshop.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Sounds like it might be a ICM problem in Photoshop, I'd search around and see if I could find an ICM specifically for your specific printer, or at least for the Canon Pixma series.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-31-2005, 04:02 PM
It's a phenomenon called "gloss differential"....

Gloss differential is the problem that occurs with glossy, luster, or semigloss prints when printed with pigmented inks. When viewed under direct light, the highlights go completely white, and all other tones become "bronzed," or very dark and dull.

We use a wonderful product from PremierArt called Print Shield Laquer. This easy-to-use spray provides an even surface for reflective light eliminating this phenomenon while maintaining both the texture and finish of the print (meaning, matte prints remain matte, lustre prints remain lustre and so forth). We've also noticed that blacks become richer (a side benefit).

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software