Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Image simplifier

Old 01-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Image simplifier

Hi everyone!

I've written a simple image simplifier based on a diffusion-like process, and i'd like to know if you find it any useful or whatever.
You can find the binaries (currently only for Win32, sorry) on my site , section Graphics->Programming; see that page for more details.
In the attachment you can see example of JPEG damage removal - top image is cap from AVI, compressed to low ("65" in irfanview) quality, below is processed image (computation time 1.5 sec on my computer). For more examples see above mentioned page.

Usage is simple - open file (jpg, gif, bmp, tif, tga and png currently supported), process it, and save it (or use clipboard); also implemented are image equalization, blurring and simple conversion to grayscale; sharpening hopefully soon.

Processing phase currently lacks the "preview", but i don't wanna spend time on it if noone will find this program at least "interesting" Also it needs some optimizations and maybe multithread processing...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg futu_demo.jpg (55.0 KB, 30 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software