Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Topaz Labs Support Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Topaz Labs Support Forum Official support forum for the Topaz line of Photoshop plugins

Understanding Topaz Product Line

Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Understanding Topaz Product Line

I'm confused by the Topaz Product Line now. I have Vivacity, which contains djpeg, dgpeg2000, clean ycbcr, clean, denoise/eq, enlarge, and sharpen. All of them are version 1.3. I think I got it in 2006.

1. Do I have the latest Vivacity version? Should I upgrade?

2. How do the individual products fit into this? The reason I ask is I see a Clean 2, which is a later version. And Djpeg, but I don't know if it is the same version. And these are tools that are also in Vivacity.

Is there a FAQ that explains all of this? If not, can someone help me?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-15-2009, 09:42 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Re: Understanding Topaz Product Line

Hi Andrew! I just noticed your message; hope you see the reply.

The Topaz folks have been extremely productive in their output of cool plug-ins, and inevitably this has resulted in some product overlap.

You mention Vivacity. It has pretty much been replaced by Clean, with other newer plug-ins (such as DeJPEG, DeNoise, etc.) specializing in the areas once handled by Vivacity –*but doing a much better job of it (faster, multi-processor aware, etc.).

The best way to know if you have the latest Topaz products (which are sometimes updated quietly) is to periodically download the latest demos, which will recognize your existing license.

Speaking of Topaz, they have a sale going on until 10/1 (details here).
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Re: Understanding Topaz Product Line

having trouble buying a product .. do they close their site down after 5pm .... only operate during day time .. even though i.m on net .. on their site .. when i try to buy it.s server not found ......... go to alternate and it DOESN'T recognize coupon .. so why would I buy there ...... any body had trouble buying download ?? i downloaded trial without problem .. so it makes no sense as that came from thier . host .........
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > Topaz Labs Support Forum