Originally Posted by DannyRaphael
This one is truly exceptional
Share a little "how to" detail in terms of what Painter brushes you used.
Danny, Neve! Thank you very much!
Here's "a little" detail of how i accomplished this.
First of all, I opened the original DESATURATED image in corel painter8, and made 2 duplicate copies by using the file-clone feature.
On each of the cloned images, i used a different "value" setting (effects-tonal control- adjust colors) one of them very dark to sharply bring out the texture of the blouse she was wearing, the other one much lighter to use for the face when cloning. Now i have 3 image files open, light, normal, dark. I used all 3 for my cloning as and when required.
For the sketch, i used acrylic-wet soft 20, at diff opacities (50 and 100 mostly ) and sizes (ranging from 1 upto 8). I tried using different blank layers for diff parts of the image for eg, found parts of the blouse was a bit lighter than desired so i multiplied this layer to get a darker effect. When i "sketched" as much as i was happy with, I saved as a psd file. Closed painter and opened in ps7. Now for the fun part!
Here's what i did in ps7: First layer that of painter sketch (all layers merged). Layer 2- original desaturated image - invert, softlight blend. Merge. Duplicate and multiply blend, opac 50. Merge. Some minor touch-ups with dodge/burn tool (to brighten up eyes, cheekbones, teeth etc). Another layer of image original desat- filter-find edges, add layermask, render-difference clouds on layermask, repeat difference clouds till desirable effect is achieved. Lower opacity. Merge. Thats it. Hope you will find this helpful.
Thank you once again for the appreciation.