RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors Thinking about expanding beyond your traditional portrait and/or restoration, retouching and colorizing black and white image services? Find out what others are doing and how they are doing it.

Printing, Frame, Framing, Canvas, Mounting, Stretching

Old 01-07-2007, 10:09 PM

Re: Printing, Frame, Framing, Canvas, Mounting, Stretching

Hi All.I have an Epson Pro 4000 printer which is a smaller version of what Jtphoto is using.I can print max 17" wide.I am based in Cape Town SA which may be somewhat out of the mainstream but if there are members in my neck o' the woods then please pop me some mail.
Thnx
Issy
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2007, 05:36 AM

Re: Printing, Frame, Framing, Canvas, Mounting, Stretching

Hey DannyRaphael, thanks for the welcome!

So refreshing to find a site like this with so many from opposite sides of the world with the same interests!

Great, look forward to being a part of it...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2008, 08:02 AM

Re: Printing, Frame, Framing, Canvas, Mounting, St

http://www.digitalroom.com/Artist-Canvas-Posters.html free ground shipping and you would have to stretch the canvas yourself for bars If I cant find the size local I use http://www.frenchcanvas.com/
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-13-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrider View Post
http://www.digitalroom.com/Artist-Canvas-Posters.html free ground shipping and you would have to stretch the canvas yourself for bars If I cant find the size local I use http://www.frenchcanvas.com/
Appreciate the links... it's always nice to get recommendations like these.

Keep 'em coming.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-13-2008, 04:57 PM

I recently had a photo printed on canvas 20x30 by ezprints (www.ezprints.com). The quality of the print was excellent, but I had definite problems with quality control. The canvas was creased at reception. They willingly reprinted the canvas upon reception of the defective original. The second print delivered was someone elses...thus we had to go for print three. Needless to say I made no money on this endeavor and ended up selling at cost. Hopefully this is experience was not the norm since I did like the end result.

Last edited by DannyRaphael; 02-13-2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: started new thread with giclee question
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-13-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog View Post
I recently had a photo printed on canvas 20x30 by ezprints (www.ezprints.com). The quality of the print was excellent, but I had definite problems with quality control. The canvas was creased at reception. They willingly reprinted the canvas upon reception of the defective original. The second print delivered was someone elses...thus we had to go for print three. Needless to say I made no money on this endeavor and ended up selling at cost. Hopefully this is experience was not the norm since I did like the end result.
Nice results + "not-so-good service" = Not the way to do business.

Thanks for the information on this one.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-25-2008, 06:47 AM

I am a newbie here and have liked what I have seen so far.

I would like to use this opportunity to tell you of my canvas printing company, which is based in Western Australia. Although, I supply prints all over Australia.
As we are a small family company, we pride ourselves in our quality products at reasonable prices.
The company was started in 2006 after emigrating from the UK, however, we have many years experience in printing on to canvas, as we had a successful company in the UK. We are still building the website and have just started adding local photographers to the site. If you are interested in selling your images as canvas prints within Australia, don't hesitate to contact me.

Please feel free to check out my site at:
http://art-on-canvas.com.au
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-25-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artoncanvas View Post
I am a newbie here and have liked what I have seen so far.

I would like to use this opportunity to tell you of my canvas printing company, which is based in Western Australia. Although, I supply prints all over Australia.
As we are a small family company, we pride ourselves in our quality products at reasonable prices.
The company was started in 2006 after emigrating from the UK, however, we have many years experience in printing on to canvas, as we had a successful company in the UK. We are still building the website and have just started adding local photographers to the site. If you are interested in selling your images as canvas prints within Australia, don't hesitate to contact me.

Please feel free to check out my site at:
http://art-on-canvas.com.au
Welcome to RP and thanks for sharing the information about your company. I hope it results in more business for you..
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-25-2008, 11:19 PM

I will take this opportunoty to note the very fovorable results I have gotten at www.mpix.com with their gallery wrap products. I've had photos and "paintings" done and they turn out great.

I highly recommend their services -- any of them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-26-2008, 01:24 AM

Thank you Danny

I hope to return the favour by offering some help, if I can, to other users on here.

Sue
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors