RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/turning-portraits-into-digital-sketches-oils-watercolors/)
-   -   Creative Portraits: Daisy Fuentes (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/turning-portraits-into-digital-sketches-oils-watercolors/11575-creative-portraits-daisy-fuentes.html)

DannyRaphael 09-18-2005 09:11 PM

Creative Portraits: Daisy Fuentes

1 Attachment(s)
Courtesy of http://www.DesktopWallpaper.net

philbach 09-19-2005 06:44 AM

Daisy Displacement

1 Attachment(s)
I copied the layer to another layer and on that I used Photoshop's distort/Displace filter. I used one of photoshops displacement maps in the plug in section of photoshop. I erased some of that distorted layer around her face.

I am trying to learn something about Displacement filters so I thought I would try the filter on Miss Daisy.

DannyRaphael 09-19-2005 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philbach
I am trying to learn something about Displacement filters so I thought I would try the filter on Miss Daisy.

Good for you, Phil. Glad to see you try something new. Thanks for sharing your learning experience.

~Danny~

Craig Walters 09-19-2005 03:49 PM

well, one thing's for sure, with those floatation devices she's sporting she'll never have to worry about drowning ;)

Craig

DannyRaphael 09-21-2005 12:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK... I'm starting to get the drift. You don't like pics to work on where the guys look too hunky or where girls are posed suggestively like this one. Sorry if anyone was offended. Don't shoot me for trying something new.

On this one...

After smoothing out some of the .jpg artifacts and cloning over the watermark to create a base layer, I applied the Redfield Sketch Master, Little Ink Pot Sketcher and Impressionist plugins and Photoshop Find Edges and Smart Blur/Edges Only filters on copies of the base layer, combining the effects using layer blend modes and layer masks.

~Danny~

Mitch 09-29-2005 06:57 PM

Sun Damage

Hi All,

When I first saw this picture I was struck by how close her expression was to one of pain. That and the increasing risk of sunburn we now face led me in this direction.

I wanted a craquelure effect to emphasise damage and got that as follows.-

Flaming Pear VEINS
Inverted and greyscaled. colour increased to 24 bit.
Put this as a layer over my base image and ran flaming pear GHOST. This makes all the white parts of the image transparent, leaving the black lines superimposed over the base layer.

I know we are supposed to make pretty girls prettier But well - it's just the way it led me.
Regards to All,
Mitch.

DannyRaphael 09-29-2005 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch
Hi All,

When I first saw this picture I was struck by how close her expression was to one of pain. That and the increasing risk of sunburn we now face led me in this direction.

I wanted a craquelure effect to emphasise damage and got that as follows.-

Flaming Pear VEINS
Inverted and greyscaled. colour increased to 24 bit.
Put this as a layer over my base image and ran flaming pear GHOST. This makes all the white parts of the image transparent, leaving the black lines superimposed over the base layer.

I know we are supposed to make pretty girls prettier But well - it's just the way it led me.
Regards to All,
Mitch.

An inspired interpretation, Mitch... It (pardon the pun) cracked me up. Thanks for including the great detail.

Craig Walters 09-29-2005 10:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
as usual, each of us see things a bit differently....

Craig

Steve Conway 09-30-2005 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Daisy...Daisy, give me your answer do........

Steve

byRo 10-01-2005 01:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just havin' fun with Daisy