RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors Thinking about expanding beyond your traditional portrait and/or restoration, retouching and colorizing black and white image services? Find out what others are doing and how they are doing it.

Creative Portraits: Ali at Roberts Park

Old 11-19-2005, 12:22 PM

So many great entries... Feel it's going to be really hard for Ali's Mom!!

Experimenting again with watercolors, using both Painter 8 & Photoshop's Pattern brushes & then many, many hours of blending different version together. Ended up with way too many favorites...

http://upload.pbase.com/goldcoin/ima...87011/original 5 My entry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #ALI=watercolor-5entryupload.jpg (55.2 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by GOLDCOIN; 11-27-2005 at 11:38 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2005, 10:00 PM

Xaran and raniday seem to have the best entries so far. Thought I would learn a new style, and nothing could be harder to do. Going to learn it, even if it kills me lol.

So here is my first attempt at a "Jeremy Sutton" Style. He makes it look so easy. But mine is a mess, but u have to start somewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Contest-of-mc058.jpg (98.4 KB, 49 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2005, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_1
...but u have to start somewhere.
Indeed you do and I applaud your bold approach.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2005, 05:59 AM

This is a competition

So where are we to add our favourites not here i am guessing, so have you made up a thread for it yet Danny, will it be end of the month i am curious as i will be busy first week of December i got like 20 batches of chocolates to make.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2005, 08:17 AM

Legacy, if you mean 'favorites' as in votes; there's gonna be only ONE vote and that's Mama's. That's how I understand it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2005, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy~Art
This is a competition

So where are we to add our favourites not here i am guessing, so have you made up a thread for it yet Danny, will it be end of the month i am curious as i will be busy first week of December i got like 20 batches of chocolates to make.
Did I hear someone say something about chocolate?

TwoLaidBack
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2005, 10:44 PM

Well since I'm new here I thought what the heck, let's see what I could come up with for this challange. You can view the image at this link.

http://www.pbase.com/twolaidback/image/52643581

Sorry if this dosen't work right this is my first time to try and post a image to this forum.

TwolaidBack

Last edited by TwoLaidBack; 11-22-2005 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Image did not display right.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-23-2005, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoLaidBack
Well since I'm new here I thought what the heck, let's see what I could come up with for this challange. You can view the image at this link.

http://www.pbase.com/twolaidback/image/52643581

Sorry if this dosen't work right this is my first time to try and post a image to this forum.

TwolaidBack
Welcome (you can never be) TwolaidBack (Great login name...)

Glad you found us and took a shot at this one. Look forward to seeing more of your creativity in the future...

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-23-2005, 10:34 AM

Hey Danny thanks for the welcome.

Well it looks like I've been a member here since 2003 but for some reason I just haven't been hanging out here.

I must have ran across this site late one night and became a member only to have forgotten I did so by morning.

A couple of weeks ago in another Yahoo Group I belong to a member posted a link to this site for others to find tutorials. That's when I relized I was a member and started checking everything out. I will have to admit there are some fantastic artist hanging around and I'm sure I can learn quit allot from some of the other members here and in some cases just maybe help others learn something new as well.

TwoLaidBack
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-23-2005, 11:28 AM

Oh Silly me!

MAMA you got beautiful kids!

Yes i will send a bag of handmade truffles to whoever wins, now if you live in Australia i suspect they will get there alittle melted if its now summerish weather there.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors