RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors Thinking about expanding beyond your traditional portrait and/or restoration, retouching and colorizing black and white image services? Find out what others are doing and how they are doing it.

Creative Portraits: A face with character

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 08-15-2006, 02:09 PM
DannyRaphael's Avatar
DannyRaphael DannyRaphael is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA
Posts: 6,300
Lyle... I think yours kicks ASCI! How'd you DO that?

Palms... I especially like this effect. How'd you DO that?
Reply With Quote top
  #12  
Old 08-15-2006, 03:31 PM
palms's Avatar
palms palms is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: England
Posts: 5,685
Blog Entries: 30
Danny pull up a chair its a bit of a long story
On the nikoncafe forum there is a post about using the pOpArTISt action (mike finns) but going back in the history to get a certain effect. while looking at this i stumbled on doing this effect
which is
run the action
go to history and select the last one called pop and smudge/smear the hard lines
open new layer and use the history brush which brings the art layer through
by doing this on a new layer you can erase any lines that you dont want

and that is it basically of course you can vary opacity's do other effects etc
on this one i applied graphic pen (not sure which layer though now ) It is really easy again some photo's work better than others

Palms

link to the thread on nikoncafe with link to the action
http://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=83920
Reply With Quote top
  #13  
Old 08-15-2006, 04:14 PM
philbach's Avatar
philbach philbach is offline
Senior Member
Patron
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Belgium, Wi
Posts: 1,332
Using Studio Artist

Quick sketch brush in studio artist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Granted1.jpg (89.8 KB, 45 views)
Reply With Quote top
  #14  
Old 08-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Peter S's Avatar
Peter S Peter S is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,142
A quick one done in Gertrudis, copied to PS added emboss layer and blend mode screen.

Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hat-man.jpg (97.8 KB, 51 views)
Reply With Quote top
  #15  
Old 08-15-2006, 07:14 PM
pavel123's Avatar
pavel123 pavel123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 799
Painter followed by color adjustment in Photoshop. Pavel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old manF.jpg (89.6 KB, 64 views)
Reply With Quote top
  #16  
Old 08-15-2006, 08:30 PM
lkroll's Avatar
lkroll lkroll is offline
Senior Member
Patron
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRaphael
Lyle... I think yours kicks ASCI! How'd you DO that?

Palms... I especially like this effect. How'd you DO that?
ASCIIGen again Danny. I used the old version this time (just because I could), but I also have the .NET version (much higher quality interface).
Reply With Quote top
  #17  
Old 08-16-2006, 11:59 AM
DannyRaphael's Avatar
DannyRaphael DannyRaphael is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA
Posts: 6,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkroll
ASCIIGen again Danny. I used the old version this time (just because I could), but I also have the .NET version (much higher quality interface).
If one has Windows 2000, does one have to download/install the .NET thing -- whatever it is?
Reply With Quote top
  #18  
Old 08-16-2006, 12:05 PM
DannyRaphael's Avatar
DannyRaphael DannyRaphael is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA
Posts: 6,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by palms1
Danny pull up a chair its a bit of a long story
On the nikoncafe forum there is a post about using the pOpArTISt action (mike finns) but going back in the history to get a certain effect. while looking at this i stumbled on doing this effect
which is
run the action
go to history and select the last one called pop and smudge/smear the hard lines
open new layer and use the history brush which brings the art layer through
by doing this on a new layer you can erase any lines that you dont want

and that is it basically of course you can vary opacity's do other effects etc
on this one i applied graphic pen (not sure which layer though now ) It is really easy again some photo's work better than others

Palms

link to the thread on nikoncafe with link to the action
http://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=83920
Facinating approach. Thanks for the History palette insights. Much appreciated.
Reply With Quote top
  #19  
Old 08-16-2006, 12:44 PM
lkroll's Avatar
lkroll lkroll is offline
Senior Member
Patron
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 4,746
Just emailed you the file Danny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRaphael
If one has Windows 2000, does one have to download/install the .NET thing -- whatever it is?
Unfortunately, the new version requires .NET (and I believe .NET 2.0; I have both 1.1 and 2.0 installed; what a heck of alot of download that was).
Reply With Quote top
  #20  
Old 08-16-2006, 01:21 PM
oltenius's Avatar
oltenius oltenius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Romania
Posts: 617
My painting with ArtWeaver.
Regards,
Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PermissionGranted2.jpg (99.7 KB, 45 views)
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creative interpretations: Face, Duv's Nasty, Scowling Face Duv Photo-Based Art 16 05-14-2007 09:57 AM
Creative Portraits: The Face DannyRaphael Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors 70 03-01-2007 11:47 PM
Creative Portraits: Trevor Photomaster Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors 16 01-09-2007 01:50 AM
Creative Portraits: Lady with a Rose ahutton Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors 48 11-09-2006 07:09 PM
Creative Portraits: Cutie - Baby with Angel Wings Studio 58 Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors 16 10-20-2006 10:23 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved