RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors Thinking about expanding beyond your traditional portrait and/or restoration, retouching and colorizing black and white image services? Find out what others are doing and how they are doing it.

Pretty young girl

Old 03-06-2009, 04:48 AM

Re: Pretty young girl

Here's a version based on the Impressionist plugin's Conte > "Unsmudged Monochrome" variant with stroke color set to image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RP Amicas girl 1 djr.jpg (149.2 KB, 32 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeree View Post
Greetings Yesterday I stumbled on your site and learned about smudging for the first time. I am totally new to the art world, and I am well aware that I still have a way to go before I even can see what I am looking at I was inspired to try this technique and here is my effort. My husband says it still looks too much like a photo. I had a lot of fun getting it to this point, and need lots more practice to look anything like some of these above! Thanks for all the helpful information, brushes, etc!

PS i have no idea how to insert the file so i attached it
Welcome to our little corner, Jeree. You did a great job on this rather difficult image, glad you had fun, because thats what its all about :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRaphael View Post
Here's a version based on the Impressionist plugin's Conte > "Unsmudged Monochrome" variant with stroke color set to image.
Looks great, Danny! I am still amazed what the Impressionist can do
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors