Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors Thinking about expanding beyond your traditional portrait and/or restoration, retouching and colorizing black and white image services? Find out what others are doing and how they are doing it.

My first efforts at photo art

Old 06-15-2009, 03:48 AM
Re: My first efforts at photo art

Becky hello and welcome
There are a lot us here who have been "sidetracked"
I joined here to learn how to improve my photographs and have been sidetracked ever since (and still need to know how to improve taking photo's and editing them )

Believe me you have only just started to scratch the surface there is absolutely loads that can be done

but as already said enjoy and have fun

fiddle around with all the filters and settings see what they do, look through some older posts there is lots of little nuggets of info to be learnt

and my favorite is the cactus

Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Re: My first efforts at photo art

I will definitely keep playing. Too fun not to! Last night I tried to reproduce the effect I got on the child, but couldn't do it. Got something nice, but different. 25 layers!

I did figure out how to keep track of what I do without writing everything down. I started taking screen shots of the Impressionist filter before I applied it, then pasted them into a Word document in order. Then I labeled all the layers for everything else. I titled the document with the same title as the image, so I can go back into it and see exactly which filter I used and how I changed brush size, etc, without all the work of hand writing everything down. I think it will really help me reproduce the effect when something turns out really well.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors