Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors Thinking about expanding beyond your traditional portrait and/or restoration, retouching and colorizing black and white image services? Find out what others are doing and how they are doing it.

Questions, Photo-art protocols

Old 06-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Questions, Photo-art protocols

My hard-drive's getting pretty full and I was looking for somewhere secure and reliable to store some images and free up some disk space. In particular some of the photo-art that I've done on here. I've found that burning onto CD can be a bit unpredictable with files corrupting and I'm not sure how reliable flash drives would be in the long term. So I thought that the obvious place to put them would be my Flicker account.

I've had a look around the forum to check for any guidance on what's acceptable, but haven't found any.

So, after the preamble, are there any forum rules on what can be done with images? Ideally I'd like to upload before and afters (ie, the original pic and whatever artworks I've produced), but I clearly don't own the copyright to the original and that puts my work in a grey area, in my mind.

At this point I started waffling on with different scenarios of acceptable / unacceptable, but I expect you've got the idea by now: What can I do / not do with the images?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Re: Questions, Photo-art protocols

Check out Amazon's S3 and Google's cloud storage. Apple is due to announce iCloud anytime now.

Please do not upload anything here that you don't own copyright to.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Re: Questions, Photo-art protocols

Flash drives are pretty reliable. Flash memory is what they used to call static ram - write to it and it locks the cell to 1 or 0, you need power to change it (or radiation).

So long as you store them OK, they will outlast a cd.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Turning Portraits into Digital Sketches, Oils, Watercolors