Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Website Feedback Discussion of the website and forums

Why the lack of LAB and other general ?s

Old 01-30-2006, 09:29 AM
Ed and Murray. Thanks a bunch for your comments. It makes me think I actually know what I am talking about. I am still very new in LAB although I have got this book which probably puts me ahead of a number of people in regards to understanding it and knowing what it is capable of. I am by no means very good at curves myself but knew them alright and am learning them fairly quickly since I really don't have any other choice with this colorspace. In response to writing up a tut on LAB, I wouldn't know the first thing to write about and, as I previously said, my understanding of it is lacking to the extent that I don't know if anything that I could write about would be of value. The reason I wished I would see more lab is because I needed as much help as anyone else. It is quite a deep subject. Simply seeing other people's questions and how they are answered by others is helpful as I'm sure you know.

With that having been said, I wouldn't mind and would even enjoy writing a tut if any of you thought that there was something that was both fairly basic and worthwhile for the people here. Writing a tut would help me as much or more than it would help the person who read the topic for the first time without any real knowledge of LAB. Personally, I think it would be great fun. It would force me to master a certain area of LAB to the extent that I could write a tut and that would only help me. Basically, I can write about anything in the first 5-7 chapters of Margulis' book but probably couldn't go much farther, at least at this point. That's just now though. It will improve quickly I think because I am nose deep in this thing.

The bottom line is that if you guys have an idea about something you think would be worthwhile as a tut then let me know and I'll give it a run. The first thing that comes to my mind is fixing colorcast without screwing the rest of the image in the color of the cast but as you can tell, I think there is a never ending list of things that makes it more valuable than the other colorcasts and are fairly easy to grasp.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback