Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Website Feedback Discussion of the website and forums

New forum suggestions?

Old 09-18-2006, 12:26 PM
New forum suggestions?

I'm thinking of adding some new forums, and I'd like to get your input on forums you think would be:

a) useful
b) popular
c) relevant
d) not already adequately covered in another RP forum

This isn't a vote, and I might end up not adding any at all, but I would like to hear from you.

In case you're not clear on what forums and subforums are currently available, click here.

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 09-18-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2006, 01:49 PM
How about a general photography improvements forum. This would help out amateur and "point and shoot" photographers with tips on gaining the most from images they have taken

I'm a member of quite a few photography forums, and have pointed them to tips on a few things here. But a forum dedicated to improving their images in general, would be great.
Something like what I did with the images below (Before and after)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0039.jpg (52.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg mac.jpg (56.6 KB, 23 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2006, 02:42 AM
Re: New forum suggestions?

After joining the I can say
that it is very very useful place to be an
expert photoshop retoucher.

One Lack I've found that I did not see
good tutorials to make already good photo to
more good of any male. Generally all tutorials applied
only on woman or girl.

I think there must be some attention and we can start
the new forum.

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2006, 07:06 AM

A separate forum for:
1. Coloring
2. Glamour Retouch

I know you're only asking for new forums but maybe we can do away with the Image Help Forum because it's thread seemed to cross over the other forums Photo Restoration, Retouching, Compositing and Photo-Based Art.

Just a thought.

Last edited by soleah; 12-01-2006 at 07:13 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2006, 08:15 AM

I think two areas that folks may find useful would be Scanning (Getting best images INTO your image editing program), and Printing (Getting the best images OUT of your editing program).
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2006, 11:15 AM

Hi Doug.

I have just joined MRU. They have a learning ‘University’. You join as a ‘freshman’ and work your way up through the ranks to a ‘guru’ (Like Gary)

There are homework questions that are marked by ‘Teachers’ and as you pass the ‘tests’ you slowly work your way up through the ranks and your status changes.

This means that you know how much a person has learnt by their avatar and not by the number of posts.

I think this is a great way to learn.

So I suggest a Retouching University.

People could come from other forums to pass the ‘Exams’ and their status could be transferred back to their ‘home’ forum.

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2006, 08:59 PM

what is 'MRU'?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2006, 06:15 AM

Hi Craig

MRU is the Malware Removal University at

If you visit the site a lot of rooms are hidden from you until you are accepted into the university and then all the discussion rooms and learning rooms become available.

Here is where I first joined and Gary cleaned my friends’ laptop (public room archive)

Trainees are not allowed to post repairs to the public until they reach a certain level, but there is a hidden shadowboard.

Not all these ideas would work for a retouching university but I think the idea of some exams and the level you are at under your name could work well.
It could also be used on the persons own web pages. “RetouchPro Honors Graduate” on a retouching website would let the public know that they have reached a standard.

There is Adobe certification but nothing specific to retouching/restoration.

In fact we could have several courses retouching, restoration etc. Extra bonus marks could be obtained by the amount of participation and helpfulness a person has within the forums.

It’s a lot of work but who better than RetouchPro to do it.

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2006, 06:32 PM

I like that idea Ken, not just as a way to establish member cred but also a great way to encourage participation and interactivity.

Doug, how about a dedicated "How do I acheive the [Joe Blogg's] look/technique?" forum?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2007, 12:28 PM

Mr. Moderator (Hand raised high in the rear begging to ask question). Mr. Moderator or Mrs. (sorry). You may wish to move this post but I'm gonna spill the words here. I love this site. I love the diversity of work and people. I love the fact that there is everything from just picked up the mouse to been around it for years. I have very little complaint but ONE............

People please...... Coming from the standpoint of a dyed in the wool traditionalist who has successfully added the digital realm to my knowledge base and especially from the standpoint of a person who teaches on the college level and below.......I beg you, on my knees beg you.......Please comment on others work. Artists thrive on that. I don't care if you absolutely hate something I did. Hate it and tell me why. Be constructive. We all can learn and make the most out of this tool as we can. I think a lot of folks are missing the boat on what they have right here at there fingertips. A wealth of knowledge and know-how. I will bend over backwards to offer help, advice whatever. Thicken up your skins and talk. We all need it. I don't care if you are just a point and shoot amateur. If you have a comment about an ad I did for a major company, lay it out there. It takes all types. Peace to you all.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback