Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Website Feedback Discussion of the website and forums

Content rating?

Old 02-17-2002, 06:42 PM
Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Content rating?

I just put a "content block" on my internet options. Now I get an annoying pop up sign telling me that I can't access the site. But since I am the Administrator for the computer, I am able to type in a password for access. Problem is that I have to type it in for *every* page I visit. Checking the "make this site always available" does not seem to work. Is it possible for you to put a content rating on the site? It's really not a big deal for me, but I'm sure there are others with small kids who might have a problem with that.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2002, 04:55 AM
I'd have no idea how to go about doing that, especially since the forum pages are dynamically created by software I don't even pretend to understand.

You might try turning off "browse using cookies" in your user preferences here. I don't normally recommend that, since it makes for ugly URLs that can be difficult to share. This won't affect the rest of the site, just the forums.

Also, all the content blockers I've seen had the provision for specifying exempt addresses. Try looking in your options or advanced options to see if that is available. The "make this site always available" might be bombing out because of the dynamic pages. See if it will allow you to use something like* or*

Let me know how this works out.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback