RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Website Feedback Discussion of the retouchpro.com website and forums

Posting email address

Old 03-01-2002, 03:37 PM
Janitor

Posting email address

I don't care if anyone posts their email address in a thread, but everyone should be aware that this site (as are all sites) is patrolled regularly by searchbots. Most of these are benign, but some of them are looking for email addresses to sell to spammers.

If you'd rather not feed the spam machine (and it is your choice) be aware that anyone can email you via your profile, and this is not visible by spambots. Plus there's always Private Messaging (PM).

The downside of both of these methods is you can't transfer files. But you can use these methods to give your email address to one person privately, and then they can transfer the files.

Or just post your address in the open forum. Like I said, it's up to you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2002, 04:27 PM

Just a note. If you did list your e-mail address, you might want to go back and edit the posts that your e-mail addresses appear in. As Doug says, even though we have become a family here, not everyone who can visit this site might have your best interests in mind.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2002, 03:58 PM

Hi Doug or DJ

I've looked all over this site to find out where I can change my email address..I just hooked up with cable and will cutoff my current aol account soon. Didn't know where to ask this...

thanks
Jerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2002, 06:20 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Jerry,

As you are reading this reply, you will see a slide out menu to the left of the messages. Open this up by pointing your cursor on the menu bar. Select "User CP" (user control panel) at the very bottom of the list. From the next page, you have different options. One is to edit your profile....click on this. Make necessary changes, then be sure to click on "submit modifications" at the bottom of the page. That should do it for you.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2002, 08:48 PM

Hi Ed

Thanks for trying to help. I still have a problem. Before I first posted, I was all over the menu looking for what you described but couldn't find it. The roll out menu that I see has two main catagories, "Main" and "Forum". The last entry under "Main" is "tutorials". The last entry under "Forum" is "mark for post". I can see no catagory listed as "user cp". It definitely appears that I am seeing the whole menu, so I'm still looking..

Thanks
Jerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2002, 09:55 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Jerry,

That seems a little odd, but strange things happen. Try this ... go to the main page for the forums, then click on "Private Messages" at the bottom. From there you should have an option to "Edit Profile". Just like Photoshop, there's more than one way to do something.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2002, 10:10 PM
Janitor

Or you can click on the profile button under your own posts...but you should still be seeing more of the menubar than that. Try holding the ctrl key and hitting the refresh button. If you're not seeing "user cp" (the last item), you have a partial version stuck in your cache.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2002, 03:41 PM

Doug and Ed,

I was successful changing my email address over in the personal message area as Ed suggested. When i was at work today I logged on to this sight and also could not see the bottom of the menu. I have identical 19" dell monitors at both places. I wonder if it is a problem with the monitor or resolution.. I noticed that I cannot scroll to the bottom of the site with scroll bars. when it gets to the bottom it jumps around nervously. This does not keep me from enjoying this site. I just must be careful if I think something is missing..

I wonder if anyone else has this problem.. I didn't know the menu was cut off till Ed told me.

Thanks
Jerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2002, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jerry
Doug and Ed,

I wonder if anyone else has this problem.. I didn't know the menu was cut off till Ed told me.

Thanks
Jerry
Yes I do have the scrolling to the bottom of the page problem and on most pages I don't even see the menu. :

Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2002, 04:28 PM
Janitor

I wonder what screen resolution the ppl having troubles are running? The forum menu is longer than the menus on the rest of the site, so maybe it's too long for lower-rez screens?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback