RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Website Feedback Discussion of the retouchpro.com website and forums

Manage Attachments Missing?

Old 09-30-2007, 11:40 AM

Manage Attachments Missing?

I've had an issue with the forums in that sometimes when I click "Reply" I no longer have the option to upload an image. The prompt for "Manage Attachments" is missing in the lower Attachments dialog box.

I can work around this by submitting my post then going back and editing it and requesting Advanced mode.

Anybody else have this problem?

Running Firefox 2.0.0.7 on a Mac.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Janitor

Re: Manage Attachments Missing?

It's not a problem, it's a feature

Remember that just a few months ago the Quick Reply box didn't even exist, advanced mode was the only way to do anything.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
I've had an issue with the forums in that sometimes when I click "Reply" I no longer have the option to upload an image. The prompt for "Manage Attachments" is missing in the lower Attachments dialog box.

I can work around this by submitting my post then going back and editing it and requesting Advanced mode.

Anybody else have this problem?

Running Firefox 2.0.0.7 on a Mac.
Snap Swampy i have just had that happen for the first time good job you had put in that you could go back and edit

It is the first time i have tried to "manage attachments" using firefox not had it happen before with IE.

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2007, 03:55 PM

Could be something in Firefox. I've also noticed that once I have uploaded an image to a topic, the Manage Attachments becomes available in ensuing attempts to post an image with no problems.

I don't use IE, but will have to check this "feature" out with Safari.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-01-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Could be something in Firefox. I've also noticed that once I have uploaded an image to a topic, the Manage Attachments becomes available in ensuing attempts to post an image with no problems.

I don't use IE, but will have to check this "feature" out with Safari.
Well i have just used the manage attachments in firefox ok, i have not had the same happen in IE which i have used up until yesterday,

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Swampy are you still having problems ? i havent until today but have the manage attachment button missing again ( will post a pic of this later so others can understand what we mean ) and to make matters worse i cant get to it by going advanced as that button is missing, And to complicate even further when i click on the quick links tab in the top task bar weird things happen there also.
Later on i will go onto the old computer and use IE to load a couple of images hopefully.
One thing that did happen today is there was a update for firefox maybe it has something to do with that, Being new to firefox not to sure what to expect !!!!!!!!(no smiles either )

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2007, 01:16 PM

I don't think it's Firefox. For me the problem seems to happen the first time I log into the forums and try to post an image. It happened early this morning, but seems fine now. Gremlins.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2007, 03:46 PM

Well on the old pc with IE and no problems, which suggest it could be firefox and as the problems seem to be with sort of "pop ups buttons" then i will look at that on firefox ( somehow) and see if that sorts it out for me, Just need to get onto the other pc first, now that IS a problem as there is someone hogging it no names mentioned

Also i have added a part of the screenshot with the missing button, I tried out the snipping tool in vista, not sure wether it is on xp as i missed that os out
not sure that the link shows a thumbnail though ? these computer things are getting complicated think i need to sit down with a drink

Palms
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manage attachments.JPG (34.4 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2007, 03:53 PM

Hey, Palms, I'll drink to that! LOL
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Swampy, you're referring to the regular "Post Reply" rather than the Quick Reply box, right?

Swampy & Palms - When the "Manage Attachments" prompt is missing, is the "paperclip icon" for attachments still available up at the top of the Reply box?

I haven't had this occur, and I've been using Firefox for over a year, but everyone's system is different and perhaps there is some incompatibility in an add-on that inconsistently causes glitches -- sounds like a case for Gary R. or Chrishoggy or ?

P.S. -- don't think this would be the cause, but in the "User CP" section - if you choose "edit options" and go down to the bottom, you'll see choices for message editors -- it says there could be a problem, and that you should choose another editor to see if that fixes it. The first choice doesn't allow images, but both of the last two do.

"When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
"

Last edited by CJ Swartz; 10-05-2007 at 08:18 PM. Reason: added text from User CP page
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback