RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Website Feedback Discussion of the retouchpro.com website and forums

HTML error in tutorials!

Old 11-04-2007, 07:39 PM

Unhappy HTML error in tutorials!

I was wondering why I was getting broken image icons and other weird problems with the rendering of the tutorials, so I took a look at the source. So far, every one has had the same HTML error:

Code:
<td><B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<font face='verdana' size='2'><a href='?' class='link'>Home</a> ›› <a href='?m=browse&id=3' class='link'>Retouching Tutorials</a> ›› The quick de-grunge trick</font></B}</td>
I'm sure you spotted it already, but it's a "}" substituted for a ">" near the end of that code.

I am also wondering how the heck to turn off that pesky floating menu that insists on bouncing up and down on the left edge of the screen. I gather it's in the CSS? I know I once managed to exterminate it years ago, but have forgotten how and nothing I've tried so far works :-( .
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Janitor

Re: HTML error in tutorials!

Thanks. I found and replaced the "}". Interesting that in 4 or so years no one has caught it before.

As to the floating menu, it's the last vestage of our old forum style. I'll be replacing the entire tutorials system as soon as a good and compatible replacement comes along. I'm amazed it's still running, since the developer abandoned it a couple of years ago.

You can zap the menu by turning off javascript, but that will make much of this site unusable.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nelson View Post
Thanks. I found and replaced the "}". Interesting that in 4 or so years no one has caught it before.

As to the floating menu, it's the last vestage of our old forum style. I'll be replacing the entire tutorials system as soon as a good and compatible replacement comes along. I'm amazed it's still running, since the developer abandoned it a couple of years ago.

You can zap the menu by turning off javascript, but that will make much of this site unusable.
Hmmm. Fixing that bug does not seem to have fixed the overall problem I was/am seeing. Will attach a screenshot.

Also, was able to zap the menu by using Adblock to block the ssm.js element without killing javascript entirely.
Attached Images
File Type: png Clipboard04.png (68.4 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Janitor

See the FAQ concerning your red-x image problem (granted, they aren't red x's in Firefox).
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nelson View Post
See the FAQ concerning your red-x image problem (granted, they aren't red x's in Firefox).
Thanks! Fixed it by setting network.http.sendRefererHeader to "2" ("1" might work ... or not).
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback