Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Website Feedback Discussion of the website and forums

Happy Birthday to Us!

Old 04-04-2002, 03:53 PM
I think your respectful attitude has set the tone here, Doug. Thanks so much for this great forum.

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2002, 04:21 PM
Congrats Doug!!! I come here at least once a day. Very friendly and informative. I can not recall any curt or "know it all" answers to questions. Unlike the Adobe forum where many feel answering a basic ? below them.

Keep up the great work.

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2002, 04:42 PM

I can honestly say that I've been surfing the internet for almost 10 years but I have never come across a site as nice, friendly, and informative as this one. I never joined a site or chat group or forum till this site. I watched this site every day for almost a month before joining. I thought it seemed like a close group of friends that had known each other for a long time. But when you look at the locations that everybody comes from it is truely amazing how everybody respects each other and is supportive of each other and helps us new comers at retouching.

This is my goto site and I look forward to coming here each day to look at challenges and monitor the forums.

Thanks again and Happy Birthday

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Happy Birthday!

Jumping in a little late, but the sentiments are the same. I can't agree more that this is the friendliest place on the internet! Thanks, Doug, for all of the time and energy you put into the site. And thanks to everyone for making these forums a "safe" place to ask questions and learn. There are other sites with tips and techniques that I find useful from time to time, but none with the sense of community that this one has. Add to that the fact that I can find an answer to just about anything I need here and it's pretty easy to see why this is my "home base" on the internet.

Looking forward to celebrating many more birthdays at RetouchPro!

Last edited by jeaniesa; 04-04-2002 at 08:04 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2002, 08:03 PM
Thumbs down

Congratulations Doug!
The challenges are an invaluable chance for learning and just for fun! and the forum is awesome. the people around here are easily the friendliest, kindest, and most helpfull I've encountered on the net. Doug, and all the other people who make it the kind of site that it is: keep it up!!! hope this site is around for many years to come!

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2002, 09:33 PM
Thumbs down Ditto - All of the Above

I stumbled onto this site recently while surfing for info on "Grain Surgery." (BTW: Nice writeup, Doug.) Started poking around & before I knew it, it was 5 a.m. I was hooked.

I agree with Doug: There are way too many unfriendly sites out there. I get torched with just about every post at

I've been especially impressed with the TLC afforded new forum members and respect shown toward any question or issue, regardless of technical level.

Doug deserves 19 dumptrucks of kudos for obvious reasons. So do the regulars (you know who you are) and the irregulars (?) for crafting (normally ) intelligent and politely written posts, the quality & depth of which will continue to attract new members.

Congrats to all of you. This site is the epitome of what electronic sharing can and should be. I'm privileged to have the opportunity to interact with such a fine group of folks.

Looking fwd. to doing > contributing in the future & < lurking.

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2002, 08:10 AM
Happy Birthday Retouch Pro!

Wow! Congrats Doug on creating a wonderful site and you got it right that this is the friendliest group of people! Surfing the net you usually bump into a lot of angry or unfriendly individuals. Retouchpro is more like talking to your family! It is an outstanding source for tips at all levels of skill and a great source for practicing and learning techniques with the challenges or just having some fun such as going to the Salon and seeing what's going on! And I agree with DannyR that it truly is a privilege to have the opportunity to interact with such a fine group of folks.

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2002, 02:18 PM
Happy Birthday !!!
This site is the best thing to happen to the net (IMHO). A great Janitor (administrator) and a wonderful community make this a first class online experience. A great place to learn and share.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2002, 03:45 AM
Congrats Doug. Thanks for making the site available to us, and thanks to everyone else for the friendly spirit shown.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2002, 01:36 PM
I know I'm posting here late (as usual) but I too want to send my thanks. This is the only site/forum of its kind that I have registered with, due to the constant helpful and friendly advice.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback