Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Website Feedback Discussion of the retouchpro.com website and forums

Modular Learning Idea

Old 11-09-2002, 11:23 AM

Morning Roger...

I knew it: a DB kind of guy!

RE: "Best of"
It exists in our heads at the moment. The "PS Tips" is as close to it as there is. Where "Tips" is a summary / writeup by a single author, "Best Of" would be a consolidation or collection of the best, most useful technical / topical threads -- with a little moderator content weeding and editing -- that could include commentary from numerous thread participants.

RE: Forum I moderate
I moderate (or maybe it moderates me ) the Photo-based Art forum. Click the 'other' link below my signature!

This is where people take a photo and "arty it up," frequently with very favorable results. Come on over anytime and checkout the sandbox, especially the "Mini-challenge" subforum.

I see "Best of Photo Art" as being populated by topics such as "How to create line drawings," "Water color effects 101" or "BuzzPro, BuzzLight or just the Simplifiers?" -- stuff like that vs. general topics like "1,001 ways to sharpen," "Color correction nutz-n-boltz," etc. These would most likely be more appropriate for a general section like "Tips."

Here I go rambling again... must be time for coffee afterwhich I can turn it up a notch!

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2002, 01:58 PM

Danny - the ideas are beginning to gel (pick the color of the gel when you are done reading this ... )

What about a Forum
THe RetouchPro Sweater
"fighting the thread of ignorance"
"connecting the threads - knitting the knowledge"

ok - RetouchPro Contents

Each thread topic would be populated with a table of contents format - a short description with a link.

The thing that would make this work on it's own rather than being a constant house keeping chore would be the ability and option to attach the description and link at the time of the original posting. Or of course it could be added later. Kind of a system of self grouping - which is more the format of the forum - people all helping people and all.

Roger
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2002, 03:01 PM

And still - I continue to do the thinking thing

Maybe contents is to broad a concept - everyone would feel a responsibilty to enter info for each post - but that is what the search is for.

The "Best of" may not be off the ground yet because it is so moderator intensive - kind of like putting together a tutorial of links.

Maybe the answer might be "Tip Category" threads.

Option would exist to add to a Tip Category at the time of posting (this would enable people to do it "on the fly" as an after thought instead of remembering to do it later) - like this;

1) If you would like this post to be added to Tip Category thread please choose the category.

2) Please enter a short discription of your tip.

One could also post a link with a short description like normal.

From the concept to simpler solutions - feels good ...

-Roger

Last edited by roger_ele; 11-09-2002 at 03:07 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-29-2002, 06:12 AM

Roger:

Sorry I haven't responded to these last two posts; by default I don't subscribe to all the treads in which I participate because of the e-mail volume generated. Normally catch 'em via the "last 24 hr" option. Missed these completely.

As a result of your inspiration I asked Doug to add and I've been populating two new subforms within the Photo-art forum to (hopefully) make it easier to use / find things.

See the "Best of" and "User Mini-challenge" subforums here.

So far the feedback and response (based on view counts) have been positive. Thanks for the kick in the seat of the pants.

~DannyR~
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-29-2002, 10:04 PM

Hey Danny, I've been visiting your "Best Of", I think it is great!
Thanks, Roger
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback