Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Website Feedback Discussion of the website and forums

challenges - decreasing participation

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2003, 10:49 AM
Yes, Margaret, I miss them, too and wish they were still here at RP. They contributed a lot to the site and I can see that there is a hole that was left when they departed. Yes, this site has been highjacked by one individual. Give it time and RP will recover. The new site that was developed by those who departed will grow, too. The way I deal with the main problem is I use the ignore feature that this site provides. If enough people do this, the better it will get. Give Doug a chance and I assure you things will improve. He is well aware of the problems, I am sure. In the meantime, do the challenges, post your work and go on. Ignore the highjacker and he will go away.

Old 08-11-2003, 11:46 AM
I am a newbie here and have been trying to ignore this thead; however, I think posting private emails is tacky to say the least. Where are the moderators when you need them???

Old 08-11-2003, 11:57 AM
I'll save Steve the trouble and point out a hi-jacked thread: the one you're reading right now.

I'm closing this thread, but not deleting it (yet). It has lost its way, but if it simply vanishes no one will learn from it.

Users (all users) need to exercize some degree of impulse control and ask a fundamental question before they hit "submit reply": What does this post have to do with restoration and retouching?

This is a photo restoration and photo retouching site. Period. Everything else is ancillary to that. Sure, we have some areas that have nothing to do with R&R, but those are a convenience and an accomodation for our R&R members, not the purpose of this site.

I have to balance the needs of the 25,000 or so users per month that anonymously visit here every month looking for R&R help with the desires of the 30-40 users per month that post.

This site is growing. It's thriving in fact, so fast at times I feel overwhelmed. All activity related to r&r is up, and shows no signs of slowing down. Non-R&R activity will ebb and flow. That's the nature of things.

I'll state some things that I feel have been adequately stated before, but possibly might need repeating:

1. Take all the personal grudges and political stances and non-R&R opinions and put them elsewhere. Where they go is up to the individual member. Just don't post them on RetouchPRO.

2. If you are talking to one person, take it to PM or email. There are only two options, talk to one person privately or talk to 25,000 per month publicly.

3. Read the name of the subforum and the topic of the thread you're replying to. If what you're wanting to say isn't about either of those, either move it or rethink whether it belongs anywhere at all.

4. Perhaps the only thing that takes precedence over R&R here is that this is a nice place. Non-nice posts don't belong. Posts pointing out non-nice posts don't belong.

If any of this comes as news to you, you simply haven't been paying attention. If you disagree with any of this, start your own site and do it your way.
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Website Feedback