RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > What's New
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Chat Room

What's New New additions to the website and forums (recommended you subscribe to receive e-mail notification)

Site Update 09/26/06

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Janitor

Site Update 09/26/06

This update is a bit early, but there's a lot going on lately.

I made a video tour of this site. You can also view it at any time via the RetouchPRO dropdown menu.

We have two new moderators, Kraellin and Gary Richardson. Our mods quietly work their whatevers off to keep RP running smoothly, so don't forget to tell them how much you appreciate them every once in awhile (it's the only pay they get). You can view all our moderators and the forums they're responsible for by clicking the View Forum Leaders link towards the bottom of the main forum page.

A few forum topics have been rearranged, and some have been renamed, and there's even a few totally new forums. Read their descriptions to see what they cover.

There's a new spellchecker available when you start a thread of post a reply. You'll see its button right next to the Submit button.

On the subject of spelling, can I issue a small plea to PLEASE use precise wording when titling your threads. You'll get a lot better responses with "I need some help with these skintones" than with "HELP!!!!".

The September contest is winding down, don't forget to vote. And we have a fun October contest in the works. The Contests forum would be an excellent example of a good forum to subscribe to.

Speaking of subscriptions, if you're reading this update post and did NOT get an email that a new update has been posted (assuming you want to be emailed when new site updates are posted), navigate to the What's New forum and under Forum Tools click on "Subscribe to this forum" (this works for any forum, btw).

You can also subscribe to individual threads by using the dropdown available whenever you start a thread or reply to a thread.

Not one single person has posted an attempt at our last two Manipulation Challenges. If you want them to continue, please give those two a try.

I also posted a new Restoration Challenge. This one has a fun twist

And, as always, I need portrait examples for future Retouching Challenges. Please email me lowrez versions if you have any (read the copyright FAQ first).

Whew! I'm sure I forgot something, but nothing that can't wait for the next update.

RetouchPRO > What's New