RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > What's New
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's New New additions to the website and forums (recommended you subscribe to receive e-mail notification)

Site Update 10/28/2007

Old 10-28-2007, 06:45 AM
Janitor

Site Update 10/28/2007

We're moving!

We've outgrown our server (actually we outgrew it months ago) and I've finally worked out the last few kinks to allow moving the site to a new super-whoop-dee-do dedicated server.

My plan right now (and subject to revision) is to move next weekend (late Nov. 2 or early Nov. 3). This could take up to several days, so count on the site being down at least for the weekend. After the move it will take from a few hours to several days for the new IP address to propagate. So you might be able to reach the site again as early as Monday, or maybe as late as Wednesday (this last part depends on your own internet provider and how often they refresh their IP cache).

The cost of a dedicated server is simply shocking, so if you've been on the fence about whether to join our Patron program or not, now would be an excellent time to join (see the FAQ for details, or click on the little gray icon over on the right).

I apologize for any recent slowdowns or apparent downage. It might even be worse during this upcoming week as I fiddle with things in the background. But it's all for the better, as we'll be faster than ever after the move, and able to add new features that I've had to put off due to server restrictions.

You can use the downtime to get reacquainted with your loved ones, or to work on your entry for the new contest which will launch Nov. 1 (don't forget to vote in the October contest).
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > What's New