RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > What's New
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's New New additions to the website and forums (recommended you subscribe to receive e-mail notification)

Site Update 11/25/07

Old 11-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Janitor

Site Update 11/25/07

So many changes and additions, I don't know where to begin.

I guess the biggest addition is our new blogs section. Any Senior Member here can blog about anything they want. Check out what's currently being blogged about, and try starting your own.

We also have a new HDR/HDRi and Tone Mapping forum. There's already some interesting posts on a fascinating subject, so make sure you check it out.

I've added some improvements here and there. The biggest is probably our RSS Feeds page, where you can subscribe to any individual forum. I've also added an Unanswered Threads option to the Search This Forum dropdown, so you can see that everyone who asks for help help gets it.

We've been up on our new dedicated server for about a month now. Everything is going smoothly, and now we have the horsepower for me to enable some of the user functions I'd removed due to server load. My favorite is the Similar Threads section you'll see at the bottom of every thread page.

Every thread now also has a LinkBack dropdown at the top for you to bookmark that thread on your favorite social bookmarking site such as Digg or Del.icio.us.

Lots more changes coming next year, some that will truly blow your mind.

The new server and all these changes are paid for by our Patrons, so please consider joining our Patron program yourself.

Due to the server move our November contest got a late start, so voting will be from November 26 to December 3. You can't vote if you didn't enter. And due to everyone having holiday and end-of-year business, there won't be a December contest, but we're already planning a doozy for January. Subscribe to the Contests forum or our Contests RSS feed and you won't miss out on any future contest news.

I need images for all Challenges categories. Email me thumbnails to dnelson at this domain.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > What's New