RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > What's New
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's New New additions to the website and forums (recommended you subscribe to receive e-mail notification)

Updates

Old 11-30-2001, 08:18 PM
Janitor

It seems like these updates are getting closer together, but that's just a sign that stuff is actually happening

I'm sure you've all seen our new Community Bulletin in your email. It's so new I haven't totally made up my mind about the details (ie: how often, how detailed, etc.). Right now I'm planning on monthly, with this update you're reading now serving as a more frequent news source. There's a thread for feedback on the new Bulletin here.

I was very disappointed in the links database software I just told you about recently, so I returned it and purchased a much better one. Details are here, but the main thing to remember is we need you to add links.

On to the regular stuff...

There's a new Restoration Challenge, and finally a new Retouching Challenge. Plus I wrote a new Review of an interesting new filter you probably haven't heard of. Plus there's been a lot of great activity in the forums this past.

Whew!
More very soon.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-07-2001, 01:38 AM
Janitor

It's been a very hectic week. I can't remember a week with more Challenge submissions. Which is very fine by me

To help keep the momentum, there's a new Restoration Challenge this week. Also an already much-discussed Tutorial. And, finally, a new Review.

I know we're in a recession, and Xmas is right around the corner, so I won't harp about donations, but I will remind all Amazon shoppers that they can help us grow by using any of our Amazon.com links (like this one) if you're going to shop there anyway. If you use any one of our links to access Amazon, we'll get a small commission (like 3-5%) on everything you buy in that one session. If you leave Amazon and come back, we won't get diddly. You have to use one of our links for us to get any credit.

Last thing:
There are so many new photos in the Archive. Be sure to check them out, and keep those submissions coming!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2001, 02:06 AM
Janitor

Lots of activity this week. We crossed the 200 member milestone!

There's lots of new stuff as well. A new Restoration Challenge, a new Manipulation Challenge that I think will be a lot of fun, and a pretty tough new Retouching Challenge (with extra brownie points going to those that can make out the superimposed printing, a little inside bonus just for those that read these updates).

Plus we have a new Tutorial, lots of new Archive images, and over 100 new links now in our new Links database (and I encourage everyone to add their own favorites).
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2001, 08:48 PM
Janitor

I'll keep it short this week, since everyone is probably out shopping:

New Manipulation Challenge
New Gallery Challenge
New plugin Review

There, that didn't take all that long, did it

The last update of the year! And Happy Holidays to all!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-09-2002, 07:24 AM
Janitor

To liven things up, I'm trying something a little different:
This week there's a new Retouching Challenge, a new Manipulation Challenge, and another new Manipulation Challenge. This last one is kind of a departure, so I'm interested in how it goes over.

Archive submissions have dropped to almost zero, although we did get a couple of interesting backgrounds. My next project (I think) for donations will be a manager for the Archives that will allow direct uploading, comments, keyword searches, and sorting by categories (so we can separate old from new, people from backgrounds, color from b/w, etc.). But this is a big task, and definitely not cheap, so it might go on the back burner (again) if we can't afford it, or if something more pressing comes along.

Technical problems at the webserver have our Links database temporarily down. It should be back up later today or tomorrow, and we still need your links. Any links at all you think would be useful or interesting to our community. Watch for it to come back online, then start pasting your links!

We're also running low on Challenge images, in all categories. So put on your thinking cap, rummage through your albums and shoeboxes, and email them in.

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 01-09-2002 at 07:29 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2002, 02:37 PM
Janitor

It's been a good week. We passed the 250 member mark, and our post count is now into 5 digits.

After a period with no Restoration Challenge submissions, two got sent in...so I put them both up: one here and an especially challenging one here.

Our new, improved Gallery is online and proving to be very popular. It's made possible by your donations, so thanks to you all.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2002, 03:33 PM
Janitor

We're getting very close to the 300 member mark, and we've had a lot of good discussion this past week.

I want to encourage everyone to do 3 things:
  • Rate threads
  • Read through older threads and revive them if you think they're worthwhile
  • Add terms or definitions to our new Glossary
I'm always looking for good Challenge suggestions, but we really need good Retouching Challenge material. PM or email me if you think you have something.

And, of course, have a new Restoration Challenge and a new Manipulation Challenge
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2002, 02:39 AM
Janitor

We blew past the 300 member mark the same day I posted that last Update. Lots of good conversation this past week.

Here are some tips for your User CP
  • Check to make sure you have it set to show all threads, not just the newest ones
  • Check to see if you have any unanswered Private Messages
  • Turn on the Private Message "Popup Alert" so you don't ever miss one
3 new Challenges this week:
A rather nifty Restoration Challenge, a rather odd Manipulation Challenge, and a rather belated Gallery Challenge

I've been a good boy and haven't mentioned it in awhile, but donations have completely dried up, with nothing at all in over a month. And me sitting here with all these plans...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-15-2002, 05:55 PM
Janitor

I think the Olympics might be stealing some of our member's attentions. It's been a little quiet this past week.

But, we have two new Challenges, both appropriate for Valentine's Day:

A romantic Restoration Challenge, and a particularly heartwarming Manipulation Challenge.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-26-2002, 05:53 PM
Janitor

We had a lot of great activity this past week, more than making up for the lower activity I was whining about last time.

Evidently our last Restoration Challenge was just too darned hard, so there's a more typical Restoration Challenge this week. Plus it's really cute

I'm very excited about this week's Retouching Challenge. This is probably our closest Challenge yet to what a real, commercial retouching job would be like. Material for good Retouching Challenges is rare, so I hope everyone gives this one a try.

I particularly enjoyed writing my last Review. This time it's a video on restoration by Katrin Eismann. She was different than I expected. Plus it was a great way for my MTV-generation brain to absorb information.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > What's New