RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > What's New
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's New New additions to the website and forums (recommended you subscribe to receive e-mail notification)

Updates

Old 07-19-2002, 06:25 PM
Janitor

There's never been a week where my avatar wasn't more literal.

We're on our new, better server now.

There's a new Review and an excellent tutorial from Jakaleena covering Basic Layer Usage.

But the biggest news is a major change in the way new Challenges and entries are posted. New Challenges from today on will be posted in a new section of our Gallery. Each Challenge will have its own category, so everyone can directly upload their work and descriptions from now on, without having to email me. Previous Challenges will continue to be handled as they always have.

So, here's our new Challenges for this week, in their new home:
Restoration Challenge
Retouching Challenge
Photo-Art Challenge

I'm sure there will be some bumps along the way, so I've set up a discussion thread here.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-27-2002, 06:32 AM
Janitor

In case anyone still had any lingering questions about why I was so hepped on an automated Challenge entry system, here are 4 more reasons:

A new Restoration Challenge, a new Retouching Challenge, a new Manipulation Challenge, and a new Photo-Art Challenge.

I'd never have been willing to post these so soon if it wasn't for the new system. There's still a bug or two to work out, but so far the hardest thing has been getting people over there to critique the great entries (go, now).

Notice also that they're bigger and much better in quality than usual. That's thanks to our new server's more generous specifications.

If you have questions or comments about the new system, see the thread link posted in last week's update.

Also, we have another great new tutorial from our own Queen of Tuts, Jakaleena (all hail Queen Tut!). This one is on colorization.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2002, 06:55 PM
Janitor

Ok, I'll keep this short this time:

Four new Challenges (one of each), and two new tutorials by Jakaleena, including "How to navigate the new Challenge section" for those having difficulty.

I'm really pleased with how everyone is taking to the new Challenge area.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2002, 07:48 AM
Janitor

It's "Macho Week" here on RetouchPRO.

Four new Challenges, one of each, all rugged and sweaty and rarin' to go.

Plus there's a distinctly non-macho tutorial by our very own rugged, macho Fugitive.

By the way, I'm extremely low on Challenge materials in all categories. PM or email me if you have something to contribute.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-15-2002, 07:23 AM
Janitor

It's been a trying week here on planet Earth. In the world at large, here in the forums, and for many of us personally.

But adversity does not form character, it reveals it. And we will press on, as better people.

Four new Challenges this week, with no unifying theme.

But, start submitting your ideas for upcoming Autumn, Halloween, and holiday Challenges as soon as possible. Email me low-rez versions with your ideas.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2002, 02:08 PM
Janitor

Four new Challenges, one of each, two of which have spooky, Halloween themes (one nice and cute, one not).

Plus there's a new Gallery Challenge and a new game of Art Tag started, both thanks to T Paul.

I think this is a record, we have 6 new tutorials, 5 by Jakaleena and one by Antonio Guevara.

Speaking of records, we're closing in on 1000 registered members!

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 10-05-2002 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2002, 11:50 PM
Janitor

Four new Challenges, one of each. One is our last Halloween Challenge this year (and a very cute one at that). Plus there's a new Gallery Challenge

Plus 2 new software reviews.

And we're way past 1000 registered members now!

By the way: we're almost out of new Challenge material, so dig out your old photos and studio portraits, scan them, and email me thumbnails.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-13-2002, 05:49 PM
Janitor

Four new Challenges, including a Thanksgiving-themed rescue.

Also, Danny Raphael reviews HyperTyle.

I've also expanded our RetouchPRO Store offerings (which are all still selling at cost).
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2002, 01:42 PM
Janitor

Three new Challenges, two of which are seasonally-themed. No Retouching Challenge this time because I ran out of material (please send retouching material).

Our new Review Database is off to a poor start. Maybe it's too complicated, or maybe the word "Review" is scaring people away from submitting their own opinions. That's really what it should be called, "Opinions Database". Click on "Reviews" ("Opinions") over on the navbar to check it out. Don't be too shy to post your own opinions or suggest items you'd like to see opinions on.

Jak's donation drive is well underway. Thanks to those who have sent in donations so far.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2003, 07:56 PM
Janitor

It's been awhile since my last update, and I apologize to all. I've been very busy in real life.

I'm 100% caught up with Challenge posting, so if you sent in work you did on a Challenge and it's not up by the date of this update, something's wrong. You should contact me.

I'm completely out of good retouching Challenge material, so to make up for it I'm posting one of the hardest Restoration Challenges ever. And no, it's not punishment for people not submitting Challenge material

By the way, when making an image to upload or attach here in Photoshop, make sure you use "Save for web".

We have two excellent new tutorials, both submitted by members. Look, learn, and send in your own tutorial ideas!

I'm guess I'm going to have to beg for people to post product opinions in our new Reviews area. Consider this begging.

Hopefully it won't take so long for my next update.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > What's New