RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > What's New
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's New New additions to the website and forums (recommended you subscribe to receive e-mail notification)

Updates

Old 08-12-2001, 09:21 AM
Janitor

Updates

New board, new site design, new features popping up as fast as I can edit them...

Here's a way to track all the new-ness:

Subscribe to this thread (click on "Subscribe to this thread" located under Thread Tools) and you'll get an e-mail whenever I add an update (I promise I won't go nuts). It will basically mirror the What's New stuff I put on the home page with a few extras to make it all worthwhile.

Here's our first list:

We're on our new webserver now, with new Forum software, and a prototype of the Archives, plus a new Challenge and a new Tutorial

Thanks to our new Moderators Ed and DJ. You wouldn't believe all the work they're putting in to make the transition from the old board to this one as smooth as possible

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 07-31-2005 at 10:22 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-17-2001, 07:51 PM
Janitor

A new Restoration Challenge, a new Manipulation Challenge, a new Tutorial, new Gallery exhibits, and lots of new Archive material

Plus, lots of new friends

It looks like we're averaging a new friend a day, and about 30 posts a day.

Donations have flattened out since the move, maybe people feel we're done growing (hint: we're not )

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 08-18-2001 at 03:59 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2001, 03:15 AM
Janitor

New Restoration Challenge, new Manipulation Challenge, and a new Review.

We're still only averaging a little better than one new member a day, but the posts have gone through the roof! Over 100 a day!

So keep up the great posts, and start recruiting new members!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-18-2001, 10:35 PM
Janitor

No two ways about it, this has been a hard week for everyone, everywhere. But, I'm very proud of the responses to our latest Gallery Challenge during this very trying week. And the entries aren't showing any sign of stopping (and I hope they never do).

There's also been a lot of support here for users seeking comfort or even answers, which makes me even prouder. Yes, it's been a bad week. Maybe the worst week. But here, in our little world, I've seen a lot of good this past week.

To try to restore some sense of "things as usual" I've posted a new Restoration Challenge.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2001, 10:11 AM
Janitor

We passed the 100 user mark, and have over 4000 posts now! Would I be stretching things to call this the "#1 online community for retouchers and restorers"?

We have two new Challenges this week. After a long delay there's finally a new Retouching Challenge. And we have a fun new Manipulation Challenge for Halloween.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2001, 01:55 PM
Janitor

Its been pretty busy here, and I couldn't be prouder of everyone!

We've had a LOT of Challenge entries, with newfound interest in some of the older ones, so make sure you've checked them out recently and give your feedback.

For understandable reasons our donations program is pretty much at a standstill. But the Holidays are soon upon us, so if you're planning on doing any of your Xmas shopping at Amazon anyway perhaps you could visit via one of our links (like this one) so we can apply a tiny percentage of your purchase towards improving the site. Anything you buy during a visit via any of our links will help us out (but if you revisit without a link they won't remember us).

This week we have a new Tutorial, a new Book Review, and another fun Halloween Challenge.

Plus lots of new friends, and tons of new stuff to read in the Forums.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-26-2001, 07:23 PM
Janitor

A triple-threat this week!

A new Restoration Challenge, an interesting new Retouching Challenge with a twist, and a seasonal Manipulation Challenge that I think will be a lot of fun to do and view.

I'd like to be able to post 3 new Challenges a week, every week, but I just don't have enough. Feel free to suggest Challenges and submit photos, however confident you are of their value. Suggest in the main Challenge Forum, or email me, or PM me. For photos, email them to me (TIF, RGB, under 5 meg, zipped if possible).

Speaking of emailing photos, I've not gotten any Archive submissions in quite a while. Dig through your old photo stack and start emailing them in. Great condition, horrible condition, we can use both.

But, we're still getting a lot of new members, and even more great posts. Keep them coming!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-11-2001, 09:58 PM
Janitor

Another triple-threat this week! How long I can keep this up, I have no idea

Two Restoration Challenges, yet another holiday-themed Manipulation Challenge, and three software reviews

We've had some excellent activity in the Forums recently. Keep it up, guys!

Two generous donations paid for some new website database software, but its not working and the author isn't helping much. So I'll probably be getting a refund on that and waiting for some additional donations to do it the right way (which I probably should have done to begin with).

Why do I mention donations twice (ok, three times) in the same update? Because, with the right software, our entire site could be as interactive as our forums (read: no more emailing stuff to me, then waiting for me to get around to posting it, thus freeing me up to invent even more features). This is very exciting to me, but perhaps a tad too ambitious (read: several hundred dollars).

Oh well, I guess I've got Santa on the brain...which goes well with our new Manipulation Challenge
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2001, 09:47 AM
Janitor

It's been a busy week, but productive! Lots of submissions, both Challenge-wise and other-wise.

So lots of new stuff.

Our Links database is now online! I'd talk all about it here, but I already posted the details here. But I must add it was solely due to donations that it was possible. Thanks!

Plus a new Tutorial, two new Reviews, and yet another Manipulation Challenge that I'm particularly enthused about.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-24-2001, 02:01 PM
Janitor

It's been an interesting week. Lots of new members, engaging discussions, and some fine Challenge entries.

There's a new Restoration Challenge, a silly new Gallery Challenge, and a new Tutorial.

Oh yes...
I combined the non-digital and digital Restoration Forums into one all-encompassing forum and started a new forum I think is very necessary and valuable. So take note of our newest forum, Conservation and Repair.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > What's New