Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

new here / any nyc pro. retouchers here?

Old 02-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Re: new here / any nyc pro. retouchers here?

Well little fish if his pics will look great in your portfolio and it wont take you hours on end to do, then go for it...if you could do without the pics and the money then pass it up. 6 images for 120 sounds like either he got someone with no experience to do the images, or that the images are fairly simple, ie color correcting, slight cloning dodge burn etc... if it takes you more then a half an hour to do the pics i would reconsider... The only problem with accepting low paying clients is that its hard to raise your price with those clients...But as a begginer sometimes its best to start off charging cheap and then for the next client you get, charge more, and so on and so forth.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2007, 12:35 PM

From what i have seen in the city in last 10 years it seems to be 70 percent of who you know. If photographer is working with a specific retoucher that bond is hard too break. You may get some left overs if that retoucher is in a bind..or
if the photog and retoucher have a falling out over a c project they may try somebody else in the short term but will end up back with there guy.

but this can only be based on what i have seen
I could be wrong..

I also see the photographers are calling the shot more than the photo editors or art directors
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2007, 11:31 PM

Respected sir,
Good Wishes and warm greeting.

We are from India doing Photoshop works for the past 6 years. We are well expert in Restoration of old photos, photo colorizing, photo montage, background change, object or person elimination etc..

Kindly requesting you to give an opportunity to work online with your company .

Please visit our website
It reflects our image and growth in this field.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-24-2007, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by aaRonology101 View Post
in this world its truly WHO you know and not WHAT you know.
i have to agree with that statement.....a recent co-worker of mine got a job at a large downtown agency in chicago, he knows someone on the inside and that how he got the is a guy that's been working with photoshop since version 2 and he didn't know how to use quick mask till i showed him about 6 months ago, he still can't cut a mask to save his life but he's making the big bucks now...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs